• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young Avengers #9 Printing Error on Inside Page?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I was looking at my copy of Young Avengers #9 Volume 1 because I was going to put it for sale and I noticed on one of the inside that there was some red lines of ink. I found this to be odd but I attributed it to someone being careless while reading it in the past. However, I just recently found another copy in a different collection I bought (my first copy did not come from this collection) and it has the exact same red lines.

The lines can be seen in the panel where it says "Excuse me sir, but that purse...?"

So is this a printing error that does not affect value?

Edit: I am trying to figure out if this error decreases the value, I do not think it increases the value.

Young Avengers 9 Printing Error.JPG

Edited by Eclipse9965
Further explanation

It always depends on the error.  Like Venom LP Black is a striking example, an important comic/character, vastly different from the norm, a wide audience, not many exist, and therefore very valuable. 

A lot depends on the value of the normal comic, and also the degree of error.  And lastly, if there is a strong demand for that particular error.

I don't think this comic has any of those attributes, unfortunately.

Edited by Lightning55

8 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

It always depends on the error.  Like Venom LP Black is a striking example, an important comic/character, vastly different from the norm, a wide audience, not many exist, and therefore very valuable. 

A lot depends on the value of the normal comic, and also the degree of error.  And lastly, if there is a strong demand for that particular error.

I don't think this comic has any of those attributes, unfortunately.

I agree with you that this error would not increase value, but I guess a better question on my part is "Does this error decrease the value of this comic book?"

Edited by Eclipse9965
Clarification

18 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

As @GeeksAreMyPeeps posted, it's a slight printing error, not usually counted against the grade.  I think there's a good chance that it might be missed entirely.

Yes, especially on the inside of the book, I doubt that CGC is going to deduct for that. It doesn't affect eye appeal. Maybe you won't get a 9.9 or 10, but chances are you weren't going to anyway