• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Combat Kelly Run 1953 -1956 (not complete); adding Atlas Black Knight books 4/24; Now 15% off <CLOSED>
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Picked up a run of Combat Kelly (Atlas, 1951 series) that I will be selling here. All of these have aging very apparent to the edges of the covers, some worse than others. Some are low grade, some are very low grade. But it's interesting that there isn't a lot of reading wear or creasing...it's aging. The pages are way better than the covers. Issues range from #17 to #36 (not a complete run). But, first...

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is $4.50 for one book via USPS 1st Class. I can add a book to that for about $0.75 each until we hit either four or five books. Then we switch to a flat rate envelope, and then the flat rate box, etc. If you want something else, happy to work with you. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 17, 1953. Cover completely split and detached. It's a shame, as the cover is flat and glossy, and not worn...just aged. Significant aging along edges. Pages do not show the same kind of aging, and are supple and very nice. Complete and attached insides. 1.0 is my grade.

$5  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 19, 1954. Very similar condition to the 17. Split, detached, aging/chipping edges on the cover. Complete, well attached supple interior. The pages aren't quite as nice on this one, but still stable and readable. 4" tear horizontally across back cover. This on has a Heath cover. 1.0 is my grade.

$5  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 20, 1954. More of the same...split and detached cover with significant aging. Nice and solid interiors. Maneely cover this time. Date stamp back cover (misses me by a day). 1.0 is my grade.

$5  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 21, 1954. This one is SLIGHTLY better. But, the cover is split so badly, you should consider it fully split and detached. It is not currently, but it may be by the time I put it back in the bag. Less chipping on this one, and a great, red, Maneely cover. I am still considering this one 1.0. 

$5  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 22, 1954. THEY'RE NOT ALL SPLIT AND DETACHED...YAY! This one has a tiny split at the bottom, and another extremely small split near the top (but not at the top). Same edge aging on the covers, but not much chipping. Interiors well attached, and not not nearly as aged. There is a corner crunch at the top right, and an indention in the prone GI's right leg bottom middle. I have this one at 2.5, though would be much higher without the cover tanning. 

$15  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 23, 1954. This one has some spine splitting, but not terrible...maybe 2-3" cumulative, but not consecutive. Edge tanning is as bad on this one as any, and the pages are not as creamy white as the others. Still supple, and readable, but the cover is the delicate part. Flat, glossy and complete. I think it's a 1.8.

$9  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 24, 1954, Burgos cover. This one would be high grade if not for the tanning. Spine is sharp, cover is beautiful. There are a couple corner chips, a hint of a crease near the top left corner. Pages are supple. I think it's a 4.0 as it sits, but I admit that this is a guess. The structure is much better. Please review closely for yourself...I easily could be shortchanging this one. 

$22  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 25, 1954, Maneely cover. Pretty solid copy here. Staples are pretty offset to the front of the book, but well attached. Cover is similar to the others, but not split/detached. See the store arrival code in ink on cover, chip near the top staple, and at the top edge, and the bottom corners. Another book that is not worn, but aged. I have this one at 3.0.

$18  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Alright...clean slate. Not sure how many I will get posted before the wine kicks in and I go to sleep, but I’ll see what we can do. I’m going to try and be quick here. If you need more info or pics, just ask. Conditions are similar with the aging on all these. 

Combat Kelly 26, 1954, Maneely cover. No spine splitting, but a chip at the very corner of both top and bottom of spine. Some creasing to cover corners, and a couple chips. Horizontal production wrinkle about mid way down from right edge. 3.0 is my grade.

$19

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 27, 1954, Maneely cover. Another similar copy. This one has a great black cover that really should be high grade due to the lack of wear. The aging, and three of the four corners are chipped, holding it back. I am disappointed to give this beautiful book only a 4.0.

$25

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 28, 1955, Maneely cover. Another beautiful book from a structural standpoint. Less chipping and creasing than the previous two, but the aging all the way around the edges is at least as bad, if not a bit more. Another book that should be much higher grade than the 4.5 that I am giving it. Please review the aging to decide for yourselves on these. I think that is harder to judge than creases and tears. 

$30  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 29. 1955, Maneely cover. More of the same. A spine chip and a lower right corner crease hold this one back a bit. 3.5...maybe 4.0. See writing top of back cover (I believe it's an arrival date).

$21  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 30, 1955, Brodsky cover. This one seems a bit worse on the aging...might be the light cover, but I think it's just suffered a bit more. See top and bottom of spine for a bit of damage, as well as more general spine wear on this one. Writing back cover (again, looks like an arrival date). I have it at 3.0.

$18

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 31, 1955, Heath cover. Again, just really minimal wear. The aging is going to hold back this book with very few traditional flaws. A bit of spine wear, almost no chipping, a tiny bit of cover soiling. I think this is a 4.5 (not sure how I go any higher with the aging on these, but this one deserves it if you think it can go higher). 

$30  **SOLD**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Combat Kelly 32, 1955, Burgos cover. A couple chips, looks like a pencil mark near spine about middle, more aging. The pages on all these are considerably better than the covers, and this one has some of the best pages in the lot. I have it at 4.0. 

$24  **SOLD VIA PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman