• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing and keeping yellow label
2 2

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, iae21 said:
On 5/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Hello,

I have heard back from our Director and he advised that Joe at CFP was allowed in the past due to a deal we had with him at the time.  But that has since changed and it is no longer accepted.  Our Director has advised that is no longer listed on the FAQ at CFP.  I'm sorry for any confusion.

Thanks!

So @joeypost , based on what CGC is now saying, what about Signature Series books currently in your possession?  Or is this for any Sig Series books received after a certain date?

Joe has been around for years and is a trustworthy individual.   And no, not all people can be bought for any price....there are people with morals or strong belief systems that will never change. 

I'm a bit surprised though at the sudden change in CGC....Im curious as to why?    Care to fill us in Joe?

Because they can. 

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Why would you need enlightenment? It's CGC's business. It's their Signature Series Program. They never, ever HAD to allow others to work on SS books, yet they did. Personally, after they acquired CCS, I was surprised to last as long as I did. 

This is unfortunate to see for all of us and for CGC as well. @joeypost is a trusted fixture in this comic industry. I have a Magazine lot at CCS from 10/23/20 that is still "received".  

If CGC wishes to expand (and they should), don't make unnecessary bottlenecks. Continue to help the people that help you.

I will continue to support CGC either way, but there is a huge backlog right now and some decisions are not helping. Sorry, mine is just an opinion from a passionate fan with no skin in the game.