• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else noticed the atrocious QC of cards recently?

3 posts in this topic

I buy and rip a lot of Pokemon in addition to sports. I don't think I have pulled ANYTHING in the last 3 months that had centering worth a sh*t. Every pull from Pokemon, to Hoops, Optic, etc. I know they're probably running the printing at max but good Lord the card quality has been absolute trash. Can't even pull something worth grading it's so far OC.

Have I just been really unlucky or everyone else having this issue?

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

Pokemon is trying to dish out product as soon as possible - which makes the QC go to sh*t. It's not just you unfortunately, its all the past sets. This is why I mainly collect Japanese; there is never an issue with the QC.

Edited by Oreos

1 minute ago, Oreos said:

Pokemon is trying to dish out product as soon as possible - which makes the QC go to sh*t. It's not just you unfortunately, its all the past sets. This is why I mainly collect Japanese; there is never an issue with the QC.

For sure, Japanese cards are way better in terms of everything. Just rage inducing that every hit looks like dog mess. Not just pokemon. Panini is awful too. Pulled Anthony Edwards rookie, OC as hell. Pulled a few full art trainers from Hidden Fates, and Leafeons. Some are OC to one side, one is diagonal.

Cards have never always had perfect centering but some either have like a 1/16 inch border or part of another card on it. Looking like E-reader cards without the barcode 😂