• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

auction has Superman 2&3, other silver age keys, seller 1 FB?

11 posts in this topic

This has got to be a rip-off, Yes? He's willing to pay shipping for HUGE collection. No pick-ups because he doesn't want hagglers. Won't say what part of the country he's in. Has bid up several auctions in past week but only 1 FB. Scam....so....hard....to....resist

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make links yet. But if you search completed auctions and actually use the Superman 2 & 3 (ampersand included) you'll see it. A lot of the pictures do match what's being offered. In one picture though, you can see some of the Hulk 1-6 from the original run. I think one of them is #6 in the picture. But that's not mentioned in the rundown of stuff/listing. Don't you think that's important? If it's a fake then it's a lengthy, well thought-out fake. Opinions?

If it is a scam, it's probably only to do with the condition of the books. The GA books are very rough, possibly with pages missing, and it's difficult to tell with the scans if the SA/BA comics are in decent or even sellable shape. I'd say the books may be worth as little as $4K, but I could be wrong. The seller could conceivably be on the level.....

Either way, it's resistible.