• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are average condition variants worth slabbing?

5 posts in this topic

I mean, I don't think it's necessary to validate the fact that it's a variant. A simple look can show that; but are the grading fees justified? I know off-hand that I have the Iron Fist 14 variant, maybe a conan variant, Strange Tales, Marvel two-in-one, etc.

IMO as far as DC whitmans go they stink; I'd been selling them on ebay for $1 and can hardly get more than that. I have the C-61 whitman treasury size and can't get $10 out of it!

BTW, what gives with these supposed Marvel Whitmans/reprints? I know some companies are touting them as variants and selling them at a premium. Aren't they a lot like the Star Wars Reprints? Speaking of which, how many dang variants are there of Star wars #2? For instance, there's the regular newsstand version at 30c, the 35c true variant, the 35c whitman-type reprint, then the one that says reprint but has the lines running through the UPC box.

i don't think whitman's are reprints unless they say reprint somewhere, otherwise they just have a different looking price logo, but are still considered first prints. the issue has been discussed ad nauseum here.

i'd say no. Not average grade price variants. for the more common books it would price them out of the market, and for the really rare ones it would just take away from the $$ you would make selling them raw...

IMHO.

Darthdiesel is always looking for DC Whitmans, you might have luck PMing him.

Marvel Whitmans are so ill-defined and below the radar that it would be hard to even say at this point which are true Whitman variants or whatever