• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 55 CGC 9.0 unrestored

24 posts in this topic

I buy exclusively on eBay and this is one Bronze key that has eluded me so far. There aren't that many offered for sale, and RARELY anything in high grade. Raw copies are usually in mid-grade and go for near-guide prices, which for eBay is extremely high. Strange that you don't see more higher-grade copies, and stranger-still that they are so darned popular!

Personally I'd pay $150 on a strong cgc'ed copy of this book. Shame that they only come up once in a blue moon.

What keeps this book from being found in higher grade? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to expand some on what Inhuman Fiend wrote, Iron Man in the 50's wasn't a real popular title, the cover is mostly white (shows stress marks, dirt and just about any other tiny dent on the book) and the story would but my 6 year old neice to sleep after she gobbled a package of chocolate bars and a two litter root beer. But Thanos is one of the more intriguining characters of the whole Marvel universe with a pretty dedicated fan following when written well. It doesn't get thrown in your face every other day as being a key book to own like Hulk 181 but definately a book every collector would like to own.