• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rittenhouse Cut Comic Panel Cards... opinions and comments...
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I came across some insert cards created by Rittenhouse in collaboration with Marvel from 2015. They are called "archive cuts" and each card contains an actual panel cut from an original golden, silver or bronze age issue. Most of the issues aren't major keys... for example Cap #34, #35 and #44 but neat comics nonetheless, however I did notice there are panels from Avengers #1 and Avengers #4. In fact I think there was a separate set that featured panels from each issue from #1-#100. I feel a lot of collectors would frown upon this as any comic has historical and monetary value to a degree, especially key issues and these are being pieced out. What do you all think? I'm curious!

Attached below are some sweet Cap panels

Thanks,

Jake

s-l500-3.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500-1.jpg

Edited by SkoBuffs99

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I think people shouldnt be cutting up golden age comics.

I agree. There are collectors and enthusiasts that will value super low grade, brittle pages, coverless... there's something for everyone! The PQ on many of these cards actually seems quite nice too.

For a second I thought this thread was about that kid that lit it up with a rifle in Wisconsin....  I wouldn't mind that card collection....  :baiting:

Edited by god503