• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is DCBS still in business?!?

23 posts in this topic

I used DCBS and havent had any issues with receiving monthly orders.  Been using them for years and don't recall ever missing a monthly shipment.  

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with their shipping.  

On 8/1/2023 at 11:42 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

This is what I'm hoping.

I always very respectfully communicate with them and DCBS does likewise with me but, obviously, purchasing and receiving as established and paid for comic books is fun and, unfortunately, DCBS has kicked, stomped, and butchered the "fun" part for me especially since when they have missed shipments they send several boxes and, invariably, the amount of damaged comic books is far beyond the standard.

Well, enough complaining.

DCBS finally informed me yesterday (August 2, 2023), after hinting around the issue for quite a while, that the problem is that since I pay by check no one was notifying the individual that records payments received that my checks had been received and cashed.

To say the least, I find that ridiculous since I have been ordering from DCBS for mostly, outside of when I switched my orders to Mail Order Comics for about two years because DCBS shipped far too many damaged comic books (of course, when they moved to Memphis [or was it Nashville], TN that was another world of damaged items in my experience), since around 2006 or early 2007. Of course, I have prepaid them every last penny for every order.

Edit: I'll note that, of course, since DCBS failed to record that my payments had been cashed the company, naturally, held my shipments. I have never, and hope to never again, experience such for however much longer I purchase new comic books (Mail Order Comics and Westfield Comics, that were also paid by check, never failed in this manner). Of course, in the scheme of things this is a non-issue outside of paying for something you think you may never receive.

I laud DCBS in that they credited $7.50 shipping cost to my account each (Total: $15) for my April and May 2023 orders for the missed shipments of August and November 2022. I will also seek to received $7.50 shipping each for the missed June and July 2023 shipments.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe