• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 110
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Presenting an ASM 110 I am thinking of buying and need some help.  Front looks great as far as I can tell, just a couple stresses on the spine but they don't seem to break color so thinking it could be pressed.  The back is the issue.  There seems to be a big wrinkle going left to right around the top for 1/3 to 1/2 the book.  It doesn't seem like it breaks and color and doesn't really look like a crease, is this something that is a pressable defect? Also if it is not, no clue how to work that into the grade, but hoping a press might be able to take care of it and then I think it's a high grade.

406370327_ASM110F(2).thumb.jpg.d1548b5db5b8ca07aacda9a6409a0d2d.jpg

1042572179_ASM110B(2).thumb.jpg.f7ab667d26dd1a3daea7cc247267e64c.jpg

That maybe he a production issue. Regardless, that should be able to be pressed out or at least improved. 

I think it's a 9.0 / 9.2 after a good press. Really tight book. Some stress by the staples, buy I don't see anyone else. 

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

That maybe a production issue.

Correct, this appears to be a printer's crease and should not affect the grade.  The crease was in the paper before the ink was applied so it will not appear to break color.  A clean and press will not (and should not) remove the crease.

1 minute ago, I Am The Answer! said:

The Answer is: 9.0

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

That maybe he a production issue. Regardless, that should be able to be pressed out or at least improved. 

I think it's a 9.0 / 9.2 after a good press. Really tight book. Some stress by the staples, buy I don't see anyone else. 

So if the printer's crease thing theoretically would not count what do you guys see that's holding it back? Only other thing I see is maybe the bottom part of the bottom staple on the FC has a slight tick and maybe the top left corner on the front, but I believe that's just a bindery issue, which also shouldn't count against it right?  

16 minutes ago, Croatbag said:

So if the printer's crease thing theoretically would not count what do you guys see that's holding it back? Only other thing I see is maybe the bottom part of the bottom staple on the FC has a slight tick and maybe the top left corner on the front, but I believe that's just a bindery issue, which also shouldn't count against it right?  

First, yes, that is 100% a printing crease...common on many Bronze Agers 

As for other flaws, the back cover along spine has some light contact dirt. The top left corner also shows light wear and there is light staple stress. I would think this is a 9.2 to 9.4 range book myself.