• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recently Vince made some remarks about me and my behavior

43 posts in this topic

Although I did admit I was wrong recently! Ask Tim! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Personal growth sometimes comes one baby step at a time. tongue.gif

I agree. In fact, I was going to post something to that effect myself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused.gif

I was going to tell Divad to give JC a break...that baby steps were better than no steps at all.

I don't see the words, "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" anywhere yet . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Gimme a break. I said I was wrong, but if you want me to start crying and break out the Klennex to help you mend your broken heart, I'd recommend you go in for a sex change.

Women! foreheadslap.gif

I did a search using BronzeBruce; collect; and 9.4

But after sifting through tons of refrences it got very tedious so I gave up. He'll be searching for quite awile, I'm guessing.

Why not just ask Bruce if he's ever said anything like that before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Although I did admit I was wrong recently! Ask Tim! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Personal growth sometimes comes one baby step at a time. tongue.gif

I agree. In fact, I was going to post something to that effect myself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused.gif

I was going to tell Divad to give JC a break...that baby steps were better than no steps at all.

foreheadslap.gifflowerred.gif

I did a search using BronzeBruce; collect; and 9.4

But after sifting through tons of refrences it got very tedious so I gave up. He'll be searching for quite awile, I'm guessing.

Why not just ask Bruce if he's ever said anything like that before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You ask him. I don't want to grab anyone's spotlight. gossip.gif

I really do not want to make a big drama out of this...

FDQ! 27_laughing.gif

Bruce, your arrogance knows no bounds and your "BSD put down" style of posting belies the braggadocious, egocentric man feigning machismo that you are. flowerred.gif I know that when you are around, I'm even afraid to mention my lowly 9.6 copies for fear of a trolling smackdown post of your PQ perfect 9.8 copy blindsiding me only seconds later... poke2.gif

I actually found that post late last night, and then after reading it, remembered that it wasn't the actual thread I wanted. So yes, I am wrong, and my memory could use some work. I know you said something snide towards a scan I posted, but you are correct, it was not this one. Must be getting old... foreheadslap.gif

I'll do some searching to find the right one later on tonight. Could have been a Byrne X-Men so it might be awhile.

Sorry for the delay in responding Vince. My comcast connection went out around 2am shortly after I got home and logged in. Anyway, I'm genuinely surprised and very impressed that you've turned the corner somewhat and at least confirmed the obvious that you were mistaken at least on the specific example you cited. You also managed to do it with a little humility and without further insult. That's a big step for you (no BS) and I hope it leads to further growth on your part in treating people better than you have in the past.

Although you still cling to the prospect that I treated you in some "snide" manner, I will consider your post as much of an apology that you are capable of at this point… and accept. I also offer you kudos for this accomplishment (again no sarcasm).

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

As to your question about a possible 9.4 remark you may still be searching for… My memory is not a sharp as I would like as well. I'm turning bloody 40 in 2 weeks frown.gif. I'm sure that I've made a comment or 2 saying something to the effect that if "9.4's satisfied me, I'd get a lot more sleep" or "I'd have finished collecting all the keys i wanted" BUT I still maintain that I never did so to anyone in what I'd consider a "snide" or demeaning way. I can see where you may have taken a number of my comments the wrong way (considering your feelings for me and my collecting) as I may have misunderstood a few of yours, but we both know I just don't behave like that.

Anyway, if you want to keep searching… you might as well consider the wager. You've had more than enough of head start 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Congrats again for stepping up part way. You would have floored me with a complete apology, but "baby steps" as they say.

To extend the proverbial "olive branch" (for the 3rd/4th time?) I seem to recall that you were looking for some raw 8.5 to 9.4 Captain Marvels and Hero for Hires some time back. if you send me your want list concerning those 2 titles, I'll see what i can pull for you (gratis) from my (god forbid) ungraded bronze collection that I actually read. Just PM me.

I actually found that post late last night, and then after reading it, remembered that it wasn't the actual thread I wanted. So yes, I am wrong, and my memory could use some work. I know you said something snide towards a scan I posted, but you are correct, it was not this one. Must be getting old... foreheadslap.gif

I'll do some searching to find the right one later on tonight. Could have been a Byrne X-Men so it might be awhile.

Sorry for the delay in responding Vince. My comcast connection went out around 2am shortly after I got home and logged in. Anyway, I'm genuinely surprised and very impressed that you've turned the corner somewhat and at least confirmed the obvious that you were mistaken at least on the specific example you cited. You also managed to do it with a little humility and without further insult. That's a big step for you (no BS) and I hope it leads to further growth on your part in treating people better than you have in the past.

Although you still cling to the prospect that I treated you in some "snide" manner, I will consider your post as much of an apology that you are capable of at this point… and accept. I also offer you kudos for this accomplishment (again no sarcasm).

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

As to your question about a possible 9.4 remark you may still be searching for… My memory is not a sharp as I would like as well. I'm turning bloody 40 in 2 weeks frown.gif. I'm sure that I've made a comment or 2 saying something to the effect that if "9.4's satisfied me, I'd get a lot more sleep" or "I'd have finished collecting all the keys i wanted" BUT I still maintain that I never did so to anyone in what I'd consider a "snide" or demeaning way. I can see where you may have taken a number of my comments the wrong way (considering your feelings for me and my collecting) as I may have misunderstood a few of yours, but we both know I just don't behave like that.

Anyway, if you want to keep searching… you might as well consider the wager. You've had more than enough of head start 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Congrats again for stepping up part way. You would have floored me with a complete apology, but "baby steps" as they say.

To extend the proverbial "olive branch" (for the 3rd/4th time?) I seem to recall that you were looking for some raw 8.5 to 9.4 Captain Marvels and Hero for Hires some time back. if you send me your want list concerning those 2 titles, I'll see what i can pull for you (gratis) from my (god forbid) ungraded bronze collection that I actually read. Just PM me.

"Tonight, on a very special 'Blossom'......"

tongue.gif