• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 361 Cover Production Ink Smudge

4 posts in this topic

Ok, how is this going to affect the value of this book?   When I bought this off the shelf 29 years ago, after I got home and noticed the blemish... I promptly got another direct issue along with a newsstand at that time, but I still have this book.  Other than this production ink problem, the book is in pristine condition, probably 9.6+ without the blemish.   Does this book still hold it's value?

Thanks and Cheers...

0501211655.thumb.jpg.4143d21decaebdb4de133e9deb24ebb6.jpg

1401882142_0501211655a2.thumb.jpg.69ebe472afc1d246a2d146e91913bf7f.jpg

1735338489_0501211655b2.thumb.jpg.8f016b696f39eaab544bbfce24ba5683.jpg

If at some point in the next movie carnage throws a can of yellow paint and it hits Spider-Man in the shoulder you’re sitting on a gold mine, especially if you  frame the screen grab and comic together 

otherwise, the value will not hold up

I love printing errors and I think that looks fantastic @DuckAmuck. I love the way the yellow appears at intervals down the red of the cover. Back in the day, as a Spidey completist, I would have paid a premium to have it. But that would've been at the much lower prices of the day of course, not the prices we see for that particular book today. Very nice looking error copy.