• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there locations to get Comics graded?

13 posts in this topic

When the world opens back up Cgc may have onsite grading at some comic conventions.  You can walk up and submit and they grade it there.  Check out the Cgc website 

Right now, everything has to be shipped, but there is the point of who ships it. 

Some comic shops and pressers can facilitate your orders with CGC.  Like anything, there are pros and cons to this: 

Pros - they handle shipping, figure out all the submission stuff and make it relatively easy if your new to grading. They can also give advice about the grade and if it's worth submitting (though you may be better off asking those questions here).  

Cons - it's generally a bit more expensive. You don't get any of the tracking information or updates without nagging the shop. If there is an issue and you want to get on the phone with CGC, it's complicated.  You are working through the dealers submission number.... It's harder. 

So, if ease is what your after, there are options. If saving time is your goal, right now, there aren't any good options. 

2 hours ago, Big_AB15 said:

Hello,

I am very new to all this graded stuff. Is there a place where I can walk in and they grade my comics there? Or do I have to ship them only?

Best,

You can walk them through if you drive to Florida.  You can also submit them through a comic store that does submissions to CGC.

What were you planning to submit?

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

You can walk them through if you drive to Florida.  You can also submit them through a comic store that does submissions to CGC.

What were you planning to submit?

Is CGCs doing walk throughs again? 

I thought they stopped with Covid, but if they are that's good news. 

I’m not recommending or not recommending other companies, but Cgc is not the only comic grading company around.  If you do your research, it may be that other companies have other options more suitable to your specific situation.  Who knows?

good luck 

5 minutes ago, Watch Out For Snakes! said:

Wasn't there one guy who came on and said he talked to CGC and he said they were never going let the general public submit in-person at their HQ again?

I hadn't read or heard that, but that would be disappointing. Honestly, I've been hanging onto some books and holding out hope they would open up for walk throughs again.

Florida is a at least a 24 hour drive from me, but I was looking forward to the experience.

1 minute ago, Watch Out For Snakes! said:

:whatthe: :screwy:

I have done a lot of crazy things for comics...and most of those involve long car rides. Plus, with current TATs, I would rather drive or fly down and come home with my books.  

I could take my kids to Disney and think of all the comic shops on the way!