• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Funnies Annual #1

2 posts in this topic

Questions for those more knowledgeable of rarities than I:

1) Just how "rare" is this thing? This auction claims it to be a Gerber 8, but even I, who am by no means a high dollar rarities collector, have one in reasonably decent shape. It wasn't even that expensive.

2) Check out the second pic, where it appears that a bunch of page corners have been sheared off in the lower left there. My copy has the exact same thing! I thought it was some kind of defect, but might it have been part of the binding process?

I have loads of hardback novels, for example, that have the pages trimmed unevenly on purpose, I suppose to make page turning easier. Same idea? Anyone else have one of these for comparison?

3) This book is no bigger than a magazine, height & width-wise, though it is pretty thick. Can CGC slab them? There don't seem to be any in the census.