• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade My The Amazing Spiderman 298
1 1

23 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

You need to read the thread rules. :rulez: 

One book at a time.  At least you got the correct amount...three per day. :baiting:

I'm sorry I did not read first, do I need to delete the post n restart?!

7 minutes ago, MeganB said:

I'm sorry I did not read first, do I need to delete the post n restart?!

Not at all.  Change the title of this thread to one book you'd like graded, then delete the pics for the other two.  Create new individual posts for those two. (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

Not at all.  Change the title of this thread to one book you'd like graded, then delete the pics for the other two.  Create new individual posts for those two. (thumbsu

Gotcha, I'll do it now thank you

34 minutes ago, MeganB said:

It wont let me delete them off the post 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by MeganB

2 minutes ago, MeganB said:

Gotcha, I'll do it now thank you

For all that is holy, please don't bend and curl books like that ASM 300 photo where you're holding it from the top to show the spine.  You're potentially dealing with a thousand dollar book.  I'd almost advise wearing cloth gloves to handle it.  Also, close up shots of the corners are far more helpful as it allows people to see creases and ticks.  Here's one such example of what i mean.  You'll want to do the same for all 4 corners, front and back.  The more, detailed shots, the better idea people will have.

599557a46c39e_fronttopleft.thumb.jpg.0056b144eacfe24323d61301bfe0cf94.jpg

9 minutes ago, MeganB said:

It wont let me delete them off the post 🤦🏼‍♀️

When you go to edit, does each picture show a garbage can icon in the lower right corner of each pic?  Is that what you tried?

6 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

For all that is holy, please don't bend and curl books like that ASM 300 photo where you're holding it from the top to show the spine.  You're potentially dealing with a thousand dollar book.  I'd almost advise wearing cloth gloves to handle it.  Also, close up shots of the corners are far more helpful as it allows people to see creases and ticks.  Here's one such example of what i mean.  You'll want to do the same for all 4 corners, front and back.  The more, detailed shots, the better idea people will have.

I'm sorry I didnt mean to offend any1 with how I handled it I will use gloves from now on... this is what the corners look like on the 300

16203297444048492460007117627857.jpg

16203297822727518258300001916646.jpg

1620329811114463160963355264199.jpg

16203298257147432849516850674982.jpg

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

When you go to edit, does each picture show a garbage can icon in the lower right corner of each pic?  Is that what you tried?

Yes tht is what I tried but they jus go to the bottom of the post, n reappear when i hit the edit button

2 minutes ago, MeganB said:

Yes tht is what I tried but they jus go to the bottom of the post, n reappear when i hit the edit button

Looks like the site is having issues again.  It's been happening the last couple days.  You may want to just type CLOSED in the beginning of the title, then start over.  Sorry about that...unless someone else here knows something I don't.  It's highly possible...lol

Dur!!!.gif

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Looks like the site is having issues again.  It's been happening the last couple days.  You may want to just type CLOSED in the beginning of the title, then start over.  Sorry about that...unless someone else here knows something I don't.  It's highly possible...lol

Dur!!!.gif

I think I did it tht time!!!

10 minutes ago, MeganB said:

I'm sorry I didnt mean to offend any1 with how I handled it I will use gloves from now on... this is what the corners look like on the 300

It's not a matter of offense.  It's about limiting potential damage to the books.  When it comes to high value books such as this, you really want to do whatever you can to preserve it.  Just looking out for you is all.

5 minutes ago, MeganB said:

I think I did it tht time!!!

Well, this is how we all learned, or maybe just me.  If it's working, great. (thumbsu

Just now, ExNihilo said:

It's not a matter of offense.  It's about limiting potential damage to the books.  When it comes to high value books such as this, you really want to do whatever you can to preserve it.  Just looking out for you is all.

I very much appreciate tht, I will use glove to handle them now.. all I have us latex

28 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Another question: the comic friend said I have alot if first appearance comics as well, how do they factor in???

29 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Another question: my comic friend said I have alot of first appearance comics, how do those factor in

5 minutes ago, MeganB said:

Another question: the comic friend said I have alot if first appearance comics as well, how do they factor in???

Once you identify which are the key books, and have a general idea of the grade/condition, you can go to eBay completed sales and figure out a range of values.  Any premium value assigned to first appearances is already baked into the price by the market.  Any further upward deviation in the sales price on your part is purely speculative.

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Once you identify which are the key books, and have a general idea of the grade/condition, you can go to eBay completed sales and figure out a range of values.  Any premium value assigned to first appearances is already baked into the price by the market.  Any further upward deviation in the sales price on your part is purely speculative.

Thts what he called them was key additions.. n I have a whole tote of them too

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

It’s his book, I think we should just help him with grading and get off the high horse.  A curl to show a pic and not wearing gloves is just fine imo.  

Edited by Zegeroth