• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A24's THE GREEN KNIGHT: AN ARTHURIAN LEGEND (2021)
1 1

66 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

Shocking. Metacritic goes down a point. Still, a strong showing so far.

TheGreenKnight_MC.thumb.PNG.3b5132ac3bf535fdc35e80fa5905c3f0.PNG

wow, not a genre of interest but the director has an interesting filmography: Old Man & the Gun was quite good. A Ghost Story got great reviews. I added Ain't Them Bodies Saints to my queue.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, paperheart said:

considering the state of the current movie-going audience, i'm guessing C+ Cinemascore; hope i'm wrong

:acclaim:

I wouldn’t say just the current state. General audiences have always been general audiences. Cinemascore does not help me in the least in deciding what to watch. 

50C9DC65-CBDD-4185-954F-664BED674F38.jpeg

892E93D9-667B-4187-A33B-9593C980557C.jpeg

On 8/1/2021 at 10:37 AM, Oddball said:

I wouldn’t say just the current state. General audiences have always been general audiences. Cinemascore does not help me in the least in deciding what to watch. 

50C9DC65-CBDD-4185-954F-664BED674F38.jpeg

892E93D9-667B-4187-A33B-9593C980557C.jpeg

It is incredible when you see things like this. And also if the studio gets to pick the sample theaters for CinemaScore (I would never put this past studios), even more telling.

I loved it!  That said, this film will not be for everybody.  I would describe it as "Art House" style with a heavy amount of symbolism.  I liked how they tweaked the story from the 14th century poem.

Well acted.  Great Soundtrack.

Highly recommended!

PS: Definitely not a movie for the masses.  They should go see Fast 9.

PPS: My kids were in the next theatre over and watched GI Joe.  My 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son thought it was a trainwreck.  They were making jokes about the -script.  They said the popcorn was worth it.

On 8/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, piper said:

I loved it!  That said, this film will not be for everybody.  I would describe it as "Art House" style with a heavy amount of symbolism.  I liked how they tweaked the story from the 14th century poem.

Well acted.  Great Soundtrack.

Highly recommended!

PS: Definitely not a movie for the masses.  They should go see Fast 9.

PPS: My kids were in the next theatre over and watched GI Joe.  My 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son thought it was a trainwreck.  They were making jokes about the --script.  They said the popcorn was worth it.

i'm guessing they didn't pay for it