• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A24's THE GREEN KNIGHT: AN ARTHURIAN LEGEND (2021)
1 1

66 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed this however, like piper said, it’s not for everyone. It’s definitely  an art-piece film. The visual and sound design in this are outstanding (I particularly enjoyed listening to the Green Knight moving about) it just needs a bit of editing to trim the length of a few parts. I also liked how they changed up the ending a bit so if you know the story it doesn’t spoil the movie. 
3.5/5 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:50 PM, piper said:

Did you go see it yet?

I did. And I had a really good time.

The ending of the movie meant to drive discussion was a risky but worthwhile approach in that we have to decide on our own what took place. And even some of the scenes of what he experienced may or may not have taken place.

I can see why A24 is successful as an independent film studio that truly allows for director vision results. Though I don't always care for its films as they go a little too far with uncomfortable scenes. And the actors experience the same reaction at times.

Robert Pattinson threw up on himself while filming a masturbation scene in 'The Lighthouse,' but it was deemed 'a bit too much' to use in the movie

I didn't care for A Ghost Story from the director of The Green Knight. It had scenes that dragged on purposely (e.g. depressed woman sitting on the floor eating cake for 5 minutes). But it seemed to work in this film.