• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enough to be considered an error for O/C grade?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys do you think this card would get an O/C grade or is it just horribly centered. Any input is appreciated. Thanks CGC FAM!

(And yes I finally got a Shiny Charizard and it comes out like this) :cry:

20210507_125221.jpg

20210507_125249.jpg

8 minutes ago, gfelts88 said:

Wow your card looks exactly the same as the one I got lol. I think we just have some bad luck.

20210501_121024.jpg

I know what you mean. Still happy to have the card but damn! I'm wondering if my card would have a chance to get an 8 even though the centering is really off.

No, I think this would just get a poor grade on centering. Definitely still could get an 8 (or better) no doubt in my mind. 

Here’s some example cards I have. I’m not sure if the one on the left would receive an OC grade for centering, but I’m confident the second would and would be an error as well. 

2D32D88E-FCE8-4335-BE11-28552851F8FA.jpeg

Edited by GHFoster

9 minutes ago, GHFoster said:

No, I think this would just get a poor grade on centering. Definitely still could get an 8 (or better) no doubt in my mind. 

Here’s some example cards I have. I’m not sure if the one on the left would receive an OC grade for centering, but I’m confident the second would and would be an error as well. 

2D32D88E-FCE8-4335-BE11-28552851F8FA.jpeg

Good looking. Yeah I have seen some 8.5s and 9's with jacked up centering. Im hoping my other sub grades are strong so they could bring up the overall grade.