• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Your Own Football Kid - Another Bound Volume McManus 1909 On EBay

4 posts in this topic

LINK TO EBAY MCMANUS VOLUME AUCTION

Thanks for checking this out!  Here's another bound library volume of newspapers, The Denver Post for September 1909.  It is about 20 X 22 X 1.25" and weighs just 12 pounds.  There are four Sunday Color Supplements, and no dailies other than the occasional panel feature. ( There is a TAD baseball cartoon, a Hershfield, a McManus "Let George Do It" that I noticed while leafing through it, some political, too.  Briggs, too (baseball).

The Sundays main feature, for me anyway, are the four Newlyweds full pages full color by George McManus.  The other full color page each Sunday was half and half, "School Days" by Dwig, and "Baseball Puzzle" by Carmichael.  The other two two-color Sunday page are mostly halves of "Whisk" by Kuhn, "Pups" by Steinigans, "Stepbrothers" by Carr, and "Yens" by Taylor.  I see in my notes there are a couple two-color fulls of Stepbrothers.

Lots of early car ads, local and national news and sports (early baseball leading up to the Tigers/Pittsburgh World Series).  Photos include Ty Cobb, fairgrounds, Cook (polar exploration), Model T, more.

Condition is tanning from oxidation, but I found the pages OK to handle carefully.

Price is $150 plus $15 shipping (media, US only, thanks).  Closed, now on eBay see link.

$50 to open, BIN $150.  SOLD $150, thanks!

Please send me any questions or comments in the thread or private message!  Best, David S. Albright

footballkidvolume.jpg

footballkidpiano.jpg

footballkiddetail.jpg

footballkidphonedet.jpg

Edited by aokartman
pic added, sent to auction, sold

On 5/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, aokartman said:

LINK TO EBAY MCMANUS VOLUME AUCTION

Thanks for checking this out!  Here's another bound library volume of newspapers, The Denver Post for September 1909.  It is about 20 X 22 X 1.25" and weighs just 12 pounds.  There are four Sunday Color Supplements, and no dailies other than the occasional panel feature. ( There is a TAD baseball cartoon, a Hershfield, a McManus "Let George Do It" that I noticed while leafing through it, some political, too.  Briggs, too (baseball).

The Sundays main feature, for me anyway, are the four Newlyweds full pages full color by George McManus.  The other full color page each Sunday was half and half, "School Days" by Dwig, and "Baseball Puzzle" by Carmichael.  The other two two-color Sunday page are mostly halves of "Whisk" by Kuhn, "Pups" by Steinigans, "Stepbrothers" by Carr, and "Yens" by Taylor.  I see in my notes there are a couple two-color fulls of Stepbrothers.

Lots of early car ads, local and national news and sports (early baseball leading up to the Tigers/Pittsburgh World Series).  Photos include Ty Cobb, fairgrounds, Cook (polar exploration), Model T, more.

Condition is tanning from oxidation, but I found the pages OK to handle carefully.

Price is $150 plus $15 shipping (media, US only, thanks).  Closed, now on eBay see link.

$50 to open, BIN $150.  SOLD $150, thanks!

Please send me any questions or comments in the thread or private message!  Best, David S. Albright

footballkidvolume.jpg

footballkidpiano.jpg

footballkiddetail.jpg

footballkidphonedet.jpg

If I had known about this earlier, I would definitely have bought it and put it in my collection. I have a huge collection related to football. I read a lot about american football, I use https://paperap.com/free-papers/american-football/ for that. I've read everything I can about it. I also like to watch biographical and motivational books.

good book, would love to have it

Edited by pannagila