• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams Appreciation Thread

47 posts in this topic

I'd thought about something like this for the "what books are likely to go up in value in the next Overstreet?" thread. My premise is with CGC, people are more interested in the display value than reading value of a book, so the cover ought to factor in to the demand to a greater extent than before. Adams interior artwork has long demanded a premium in Overstreet (compared to surrounding issues). Now may be the time for highlighting Adams cover-only books. For instance, everyone knows about the premium placed on this book:

BATS227.JPG

But what about these

BATS221.JPG

dt405.JPG

fbtu03.jpg

AC419.JPG

Cheers,

Z.

Great thread.

This puppy is heading out to CGC shortly. Neal's books are some of the only DC's I own.

phantom4.jpg

Sweet covers & art guys, keep 'em coming.

odin88 & heartened: looking at Adams' original art makes you really appreciate the his fine work. heartened's Adams art page:

adams-detective407p14.JPG

Andrew: my man, fine taste in women & fine taste in Adams covers......

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

What's the exact title of that? Dc Super Spectacular #6? Or World's greatest Superheroes #6? Excuse my DC ignorance.

Yep. Adams is definetly one of the best, past, present and future.

Yep. Adams is definetly one of the best, past, present and future.

I HATE this. Every once in a while I see a totally unrelated to precode horror post and start to really appreciate what I am seeing. But my money can only go so far. It is torture!