• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price difference now & then?

7 posts in this topic

Spoiler

I own a CGC 5.0 Silver Surfer #3, 1st Mephisto.  I’d like to have the profit for this book in my bank account.  However, I’m aware of my possible extra profit if I’m patient and wait for a movie featuring him as the villain.  So my question is: How much, based on trends, do you think I’d lose selling now OR at the height of his popularity?  I’m not concerned about $300-500 as much as I am 1-2k.  Thanks in advance!

On 5/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, AmishComics said:
  Hide contents

I own a CGC 5.0 Silver Surfer #3, 1st Mephisto.  I’d like to have the profit for this book in my bank account.  However, I’m aware of my possible extra profit if I’m patient and wait for a movie featuring him as the villain.  So my question is: How much, based on trends, do you think I’d lose selling now OR at the height of his popularity?  I’m not concerned about $300-500 as much as I am 1-2k.  Thanks in advance!

Could you sell now for a nice profit? Yes

Could you save and sell down the road for more profit? Yes

Could you save and try to sell down the road and not make as much profit as you could selling now? Quite possible

Could you save and try to sell down the road and make the same amount as you would had you sold now? Quite possible

Could you sell now and see that book increase by double when a movie/show comes out? Possible...could happen in 3-5 years, could happen in 5-10 years, could happen in 10-20 years from now.

Some things to consider...

-economy seems very likely to take a hit (if it does not a lot of financial experts will look dumb)

-comics, while unlikely to tank, will recede and likely not get the values like we have seen in the past year for at least 3 years or so as the economy rebounds

-the book you have is pretty common in mid grade, be it graded or raw. And while Mephisto is a decent villain that could one day be seen, he also could not. Every other rumour about future spec has had credibility...all the Mephisto stuff of the past 6 months was purely internet people wanting it...no news, spec or anything. Plus, finding a deep Easter Egg in an earlier Avengers flick really caused people to go crazy (when, in reality, it was probably just the Easter Egg that Marvel meant it to be). 

Edited by comicginger1789