• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller is Back...

12 posts in this topic

...for a 9-issue "Robocop" mini-series from Avatar Press. Cover and story by Miller and art by Juan Jose Ryp. For mature readers; issue #1 shipping in July.

http://www.avatarpress.com/robocop/

Anyone plan on picking this up, or does everybody only want to see him working on Batman or Daredevil?

Gene

Am I reading it wrong or is Steven Grant actually the writer, adapting it from Frank Miller's movie -script? Meaning, basically, your getting a Miller cover with his name plastered across the top & not much else? I might have picked it up if it was actually Miller doing the adaption, but somehow, Steven Grant doesn't get me as interested.

Anyone plan on picking this up, or does everybody only want to see him working on Batman or Daredevil?

It dosen't necessarily HAVE to be DD or Bats, but why Robocop? I don't think I'll be getting that.

From what I understand, this is a comic adaptation (written by Steven Grant) of the pseudo-legendary Frank Miller RoboCop -script that got shelved by the studios and was never seen again.

Now that old chestnut has been dusted off (-script ownership reverts back to the writer after 5 years on the shelf), and it appears that Frank has found a new way to make some extra bucks by reselling the rights for a comic adaptation.

Whew!!

From what I understand, this is a comic adaptation (written by Steven Grant) of the pseudo-legendary Frank Miller RoboCop -script that got shelved by the studios and was never seen again.

The Miller -script was used in Robocop 2 (or 3?). Miller has spoken that much of the "in" jokes & satire were cut from the final version. I guess this adaption will be the full uncensored version...classically scripted by Steven Grant. Can't wait...

His -script was the basis for the third RoboCop movie (though Dekker and others heavily rewrote it) but I thought he wrote a -script for a sequel that was never made?

Either way, it's still not Frank at the helm nor does he seem even peripherally involved with the comic adaptation, and this smells more like a PR stunt than anything else. If it's the original RoboCop 3 -script, the movie is 10 years old and the exhumed -script is even older.

I'm all for nostalgia, but come on...

I don't think I'll be buying this one, as others have said Millers involvement looks less than the cover indicates and Robocop is not really a character I am interested in.

Batman or Daredevil? Great stuff, but Miller also did some excellent work on Sin City. Miller doing hard edged stuff is definately where its at.

I thought I remembered seeing his name in the opening credits for Robocop 2 (what a piece of trash that was!). I may check out issue #1 to see if it's any good, but somehow I doubt it will be. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Chris