• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOOB first time submitter some questions :) (need help)

6 posts in this topic

hi all 

sorry if I've done this wrong or its in the wrong section i do apologise this is my first time posting in any type of forum.

so I'm submitting two ASM #361s to CGC for the mark Bagley signing event, I've filled out my form and selected the shipping, the only choice i was given was FEDX economy which only insures for $100 which I don't thinks suitable for my books is there a way to change this? also can i send my comics to cgc any way i like or do i have to use FEDX? if not any body from the UK have any recommendations for a good shipping company to use i was thinking royal mail but any other options would be helpful!

also any quick tips for bagging and packaging would be very helpful!!

QUICK READ Questions 

1. how do i choose another retuern shipping company besides the one FEDX option i was given

2.can i use any shipping company to send my comics to CGC (from the uk) if so which one should i use?

3.any bagging and packaging tips?

thanks for reading and helping! (if you reply that is) :)

Unfamiliar with British packing slips, but I would call CGC to see what other options are available.  In the US, I select USPS Registered Mail so there are other shipping options available.

Similarly, when I send my packages, I always use USPS Priority Mail.  It's tracked, insured, and almost always arrives in 2-3 days.  I Imagine it must work similarly abroad.

Check the link below on how to create a windowed bag.  The images no longer appear in the body of the text, but the links still work.

How to window-bag your books for SS (with photos!) - The Signature Room - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

I usually double or triple board for added security.  When packaging, I sandwich in oversized cardboard layers, using blue tape to tape my book to the middle leaving about an inch+ space on the edges to prevent corner damage.  Then I'll bubble wrap it and put it the box.

Vicki,

This company, from my experience and others has very long delay times for grading but they are very good..  The only way you can get around that is by selecting the walkthrough option when selecting a submission type and you will have your graded book back in 1 week. Everything else is inconsequential.  If you don't believe me, just give them a call.

I never had a option for walkthrough? I'm going a signed submission with mark bagley so does that effect things like shipping and the walkthrough option? 

Thanks for the help guys using that window bag link to do my comics now:) 

23 hours ago, My dog Butch said:

Vicki,

This company, from my experience and others has very long delay times for grading but they are very good..  The only way you can get around that is by selecting the walkthrough option when selecting a submission type and you will have your graded book back in 1 week. Everything else is inconsequential.  If you don't believe me, just give them a call.

Yeah, walking from the UK probably isn't an option.  They'll have their books back by mailing them in, before they got to Sarasota. :roflmao: