• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Spare A Quick Grade) Wondering how bad this corner crease will effect a grade (Star Wars: Thrawn #2 1:25 Declan Shalvey)

3 posts in this topic

Per LCS rest of the comic is in 9.4 or so shape... how much will this crease effect me. Attached are a close up and scanned copy of the book

4rjc839wm6071.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by cuppercup
Additional Info

Welcome To The Boards!!!

This should have been posted in...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

However, since we are here, that crease is at least 1" long and it breaks color so you would probably take a big hit on the grade.

I do not have my books graded so I do not know how big of a hit CGC would give that crease on an otherwise high grade book.

According to the Grading Standards...

9.2 NEAR MINT- (NM-) - A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT (VF/NM) -  An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken

8.0 VERY FINE (VF) - An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken.

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF) -  Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases.

Yes definitely post in the grading forum but that said, that crease breaks colour. Do not be surprised with a 7.0-7.5 at best. Creases are killers especially when noticeable, regardless of how small. Stains, staple rust and finger prints are the other killers that people often overlook on books (especially the back covers) and are often why you see people perplexed when getting a book back from CGC that they thought was 9.4+ but in reality they get an 8.0-9.0