• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit to CGC?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I acquired 50ish comics that were bagged and boarded for ~$50-75.  Looking through these, CAREFULLY, no spine ticks and solid corners (may submit to Brother can you spare a grade). The issue is that they are selling for $50 graded and $5 ungraded.
So.... what are your thoughts on slabbing them.  Many are modern Superman with ~$50 value.  I have $1 in these and they look fantastic.

So, should I submit to get slabbed?  Selling on ebay for ~$10 un-graded.

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Look up the cost of  grading, include shipping both ways, insurance, etc.

if you can turn a profit at a margin  you’re comfortable with based on your own personal subjective criteria, you should get them graded.  

also make sure you factor in opportunity cost, turnaround time, taxes, selling fees, risk of not getting the grade you hope for.

good luck.  

2 hours ago, SellinMyCollection said:

I acquired 50ish comics that were bagged and boarded for ~$50-75.  Looking through these, CAREFULLY, no spine ticks and solid corners (may submit to Brother can you spare a grade). The issue is that they are selling for $50 graded and $5 ungraded.
So.... what are your thoughts on slabbing them.  Many are modern Superman with ~$50 value.  I have $1 in these and they look fantastic.

So, should I submit to get slabbed?  Selling on ebay for ~$10 un-graded.

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Absolutely not.  Every book would have to come back 9.8 which I find remarkably unlikely.  The cost of grading plus shipping wouldn't make it worth the time.