• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost to get graded?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, this will be my first time sending in comics to be graded and I'm still unsure of the actual costs. For example, I'd like to send in 2 high quality ASM 300's... would these still qualify for the Modern tier? And, is it a good idea to have these pressed (by CCS) before grading? I guess what I'm looking for is a rough estimate of how much it might cost to get one comic (using ASM 300 as an example) graded from when I ship it out to when I receive back. Sorry for the newbie question but any info would be much appreciated!

Whether they should be pressed depends on if they have defects might improve with a press.  Many pressers have an option where you can pay to pre-screen for pressable defects

you can submit at a modern tier, but Cgc can and will up charge you if the estimated fmv is higher than the limits.  Look at the pricing structure on the Cgc website, and estimate the fmv based on your estimated grade to choose your tier based on fmv.  

I would read the sticky in the Brother Can You Spare a Grade forum and posts good  pics/scans of each.  You will hopefully get some good grade estimates. You may even get some opinions on whether pressable defects are seen.    Then you can go to goCollect or used Ebay sold listings to get an idea of current value

A related question.  If I'm sending in an X-Men #1 and take a stab and call it a 3, and it grades out as a 2.5, would they charge the 3% fee based on my estimated value FMV, or based on an estimated value for a 2.5?