• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Micro-trimming question on an ASM 9

53 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

The thing is, you won’t really be sure regardless of what CGC says, since they can very well be wrong on something this subtle.  The only reason to send it to CGC if you don’t want it in a slab is to sell it. I would keep it, as it is a beautiful book, and then slab it if you ever want to sell it.

You have a good point.

Considering that the CGC 9.0 copy just sold for $8,850 tonight and that it doesn't look as good as mine except for the presence of a top edge overlap, I may just live with that since having a similar copy as mine but with a bigger top overlap would mean paying for a 9.2/9.4 and that would be very expensive today I guess.

57 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

And why has it been labeled as "cleaned staples" the first time and not the second time, were the staples "uncleaned"?

I would guess that CGC missed that or changed their opinion the second time around...

1 hour ago, pickycollector said:

I don't understand, the bottom edge was already nice on the first version, why trimming it? :screwy:

And why has it been labeled as "cleaned staples" the first time and not the second time, were the staples "uncleaned"?

Are there back cover scans of that book?

Bottom edge of the FF3(9ow)Q

850670534_FF3(9ow)QLLHAFEB10-2005.thumb.jpg.235771feabcae0d1749fdad5d4694f7b.jpg

1577879543_FF3(9ow)QLRHAFEB10-2005.thumb.jpg.8ce08f6e1be04116420902d994b75c28.jpg