• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIGH GRADE SILVER SURFER RUN - #7 CGC 9.6 *HIGHEST GRADED* + MORE!

2 posts in this topic

I just lucked out in picking up a small but beautiful Marvel collection this past week. The seller had purchased the collection from an original owner who had bought multiple copies of several titles (Iron Man #1-38, Sub-Mariner #1-39, Captain Marvel #1-21, Conan #1-5, Nick Fury Agent of Shield #1-18, Silver Surfer #1-18) from 1968 - 1970. Although I missed out on some of the books (a few ASMs, two runs of Silver Surfer #1-18) there were still over 305 comics in total. The average condition of the books is 9.0/9.2, with HIGH GLOSS and BONE WHITE PAGES. As a bonus, the seller had submitted 32 books to PGX for grading this past summer. Most graded out 9.0/9.2 (a few of them look much better than the grade given), with a couple of 9.4s and one 9.6 (Iron Man #15). Luckily, he was not very selective with his slabbing choices as there are at least 25 other books that look to be 9.4 (including two gorgeous Nick Fury #15s) or better still waiting to be submitted.

In order to cover some of my acquisition costs, up this week is the remainder of the Silver Surfer run he had (plus my 9.6 copy of #7). I will be listing more books from this collection and a huge new original owner collection I am picking up (most Marvel and DC Silver Age titles plus a few Golden Age books) over the next few months so keep an eye on my seller listing.

silvermine's eBay Auctions

SLABBED

#2 PGX 8.5

#4 PGX 7.0

#7 PGX 9.0

#7 CGC 9.6 (HIGHEST GRADED COPY)

#9 PGX 9.0

#12 PGX 9.0

#13 PGX 9.0

#15 PGX 9.0

#16 PGX 9.0

#18 PGX 9.0