• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAMMER IS LAUGHING AT YOU GUYS

47 posts in this topic

"You Guys"???

Gee, Krazy, whose side are you on, anyway??

Considering everyone has been a to me and never apologized about having WRONGLY second guessed my collection,..I am on my own side.

You were apologized to. People did admit they were wrong. Did you miss those posts? confused.gif

"You Guys"???

Considering everyone has been a to me and never apologized about having WRONGLY second guessed my collection,..I am on my own side.

Act like one, get treated like one. And I for one never cared and still don't about what you own or don't own. YA !

"You Guys"???

Do you need a tissue? Maybe a little cheeze with that whine? I guess you just don't realize that most of us "Dikcs" are such because of you. Great, you may or may not have a great OA collection. Since, we haven't seen it, we don't know now do we. What we do know is that you are an egotistical numb nut that talks down to folks that don't have a $1,000,000+ in OA. I don't personally care if your collection is worth $1 or $10,000,000.

Oh, and I'm happy that my 300th post can be used for this purpose.

Maybe he should be giving us a long overdue update regarding his explanation that a hacker hired by CGC (and talented enough to crack goverment sites and risking federal crime charges if caught) hacked several sources just to make it "appear" that the address Comic-Keys receives payments is owned by the Dupcaks. I thought he was going to investigate this and prove it was a conspiricy? One would think that clearing this matter up would be important and maybe doing so would be the better way to spend one's free time as opposed to posting regularly on a forum.

screwy.gif

"You Guys"???

Act like one, get treated like one. And I for one never cared and still don't about what you own or don't own. YA !

That about sums it up.

"You Guys"???

based on what you have said both before and after your fat was yanked out of the fire, i'd say you have been treated exactly as you deserve to be treated, you consummate horse's arse

Maybe he should be giving us a long overdue update regarding his explanation that a hacker hired by CGC (and talented enough to crack goverment sites and risking federal crime charges if caught) hacked several sources just to make it "appear" that the address Comic-Keys receives payments is owned by the Dupcaks. I thought he was going to investigate this and prove it was a conspiricy? One would think that clearing this matter up would be important and maybe doing so would be the better was to spend one's free time as opposed to posting regularly on a forum.

screwy.gif

thumbsup2.gif

$#%@ Hammer, he should know , the

Resto Expert that he is!! I have nothing against Resto as I've said before on these boards as long as it's disclosed, he dosen't . Resto on Silver , I don't like unless a Major Key, Golden it dosen't bother me if disclosed, on a important book.

Hammer Just needs to go away as does ewert They give the hobby a bad name and screw it up for the rest of us. Maybe we should organize a midnight lynching. Maybe trim them so they understand the pain.

I agree, it is not mistake he has been banned from CPG forums and CGC Forums.

Personally I don't know why anyone would host him. He can't be good for anything.

Where there's a criminal there is always some dumbazz willing to harbor him.

Yep and what goes around, comes around!

Davidking623

I was referring to the thread in the Restoration section of the CGC Forums where one of the "crack" detectives superimposed the TTA 93 from MY auction over a green tinted CGC slabbed copy, two different books, and yet are using this obviously OFF-SCALED comparison to determine that MY TTA 93 is "trimmed".

Bah ha ha ha!!!! Now he's saying its obviously off-scaled. 27_laughing.gif

BTW wasn't Razz his shill over at the other place also?

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be THAT much of a lemming for a known criminal. EDIT for iron maniac: OK, he's just a really bad lemming! confused-smiley-013.gif Feel better? hi.gif

Note for hammer I did my own line up so I could do it and show that it could be done. But yes there are factory differences if you read my above post I mentioned that very valid point.

Also go ahead and tell them that mephisto posted Heritage before and after photos of Bats 11 before you EVEN mentioned/knew about the book . But mephisto didn't realize they were the same book until after hammer started to make a stink. tongue.gif

Here...I bring you the original Bats 11 thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

Ok everyone.

I have read the posts and Hammers thread on the other web page.

I know that I am going to stir things up a bit but I need to address this thought.

Over the years I have seen Jason’s auctions and have read about him on the CGC boards.

Every topic I have seen was, oh how did Jason get these books! Or some gems up for sale from Jason. Now Hammer is saying that during those times everyone accepted his auctions as grails! Now since the trimming fiasco has occurred everyone knows how and where the trimming is done! This is what Hammer said in his defense.

Why did everyone trust Jason’s auctions before this incident? And now he is an outcast due to the findings? Why did the forum experts not see this in the first place?

Why did everyone trust Jason’s auctions before this incident? And now he is an outcast due to the findings? Why did the forum experts not see this in the first place?

Many of us knew that he was pressing books left and right (recall all the "imPRESSive" comments) and knew that claims that he was able to pick out these super HG gems where no one else could, even with the Brulato connection, were simply laughable. However, I think even those of us who knew Jason was lying about his pressing had no idea that books were also being trimmed and getting by the resto check at CGC. A lot of people were willing to either rationalize away or blind themselves to the pressing issue, but trimming was another animal altogether.

Still, I do believe that the undisclosed pressing should have been realized by more people and taken more seriously at the time. People want to blame Ewert and the revelation of his hatchet jobs (and CGC's inability to detect it until now) for everything that ails the slabbed market now when, in many cases, it was their own greed, naivete and blind optimism that led them to pay too much for and sink too much money into slabs. It's like people were willing to tolerate a pot (pressing) dealer in their neighborhood before and now are outraged when it turns out that he was selling crack (trimming) as well. If people had taken the first signs of rot more seriously, they probably would have saved themselves a lot of money and heartache.

Why did everyone trust Jason’s auctions before this incident?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

could it be the blue labels on all of his slabs? confused.gifgrin.gif

Thats what I mean. You trusted the label and not your own judgement. Now people are spotting the difference with the blue label.

A lot of people were willing to either rationalize away or blind themselves to the pressing issue, but trimming was another animal altogether.

The old maxim is still relevant: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

The only thing shocking about the situation is that so many are shocked by it.

Every condition condusive to scams is there:

* Big profit potential

* Cash transactions

* Hard to trace chains of possession (allows fingerpointing)

* Low risk of criminal prosecution

* Collectibles market (collectors of all sorts are easy scam targets)

* and most importantly, willing "suckers."

Oh, and one other thing... some of the players in the grading game slab and crack out market have DONE IT BEFORE with coins and cards. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Are comic collectors so arrogant that they thought that what happened to the "dumb" coinees and sports collectors just couldn't happen to them?

agree with Zipper above.

And I just want to say this: while I still know that Hammer is Dupcak and that he is guilty of trying to defraud others, and has his own anti CGC agenda, there are many things he posted on other sites that have turned out to be proven accurate. Just because the guy is a criminal does not mean that the information he has is all dishonest and not credible.

I am not turning into a Hammer disciple, but I will say this, I can't ignore him any longer either.

same reason the government or private sector hires ex-cons to tell them how to guard against criminals. Theres no doubt there is some truth in hammer's comments, you just have to wade through the [embarrassing lack of self control] to find the nuggets.