• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Grade a PGX 10.0 Book?

31 posts in this topic

Killing Joke was well put together and there are actually a few 9.9's & 10.0's - I know PGX standards are worse than CGC but your book could very well go to 9.8.  (that's a book that holds up well - my original copy which wasn't properly bagged & boarded and was bought in the 80's came back after a signing as 9.6).

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/150104

52 9.9's & 14 10.0's in the census.  

On 5/23/2021 at 9:45 PM, JoBat said:

I have a copy of Batman: The Killing Joke that I got graded several years ago by PGX. They gave it a grade of 10.0. I have been debating for a couple of years now whether to send it in to CGC to have them re-grade it or not. PGX or not, I realize this is a 10.0 book. I am not sure what I want to do with the book. Part of me wants to just get it re-graded and keep it. Part of me wants to sell it and maybe get a 9.8. Opinions are appreciated. 

I'd keep it as is. when selling it, the market will work itself out. no use spending any more money on it yourself

29 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Or re-sub to PGX for a possible 12.0 hm :wishluck:

I have to think the PGX 10 is going to be worth more than a CGC 9.8 at $300-350. There are a few pgx 10s for sale at crazy high prices, so even 1/2 of crazy high is 7X the cost of a cg 9.8

On 5/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, zzutak said:

Before and after.  PGX whiffs on the cutouts, the apparent grade, and the Mile High pedigree.  :facepalm:

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RAD9FAF12016927_155725.jpgCGC.thumb.jpg.2bfeeedd62480fae3ae829854949c816.jpg

Not sure how anyone can take a PGX 10.0 seriously?!  The company has little credibility in the industry.  Their so-called resto expert thinks Ditko had been signing with a silver sharpie lol  

Edited by mosconi

9 hours ago, the blob said:

No, keep the 10.0.

+1. If and when the time comes to sell it, the seller can rest assured that there will be at least one potential buyer who is oblivious to the sometimes drastic differences between the quality of the grading companies. 

Edited by James J Johnson