• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Grade a PGX 10.0 Book?

31 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Batman: The Killing Joke that I got graded several years ago by PGX. They gave it a grade of 10.0. I have been debating for a couple of years now whether to send it in to CGC to have them re-grade it or not. PGX or not, I realize this is a 10.0 book. I am not sure what I want to do with the book. Part of me wants to just get it re-graded and keep it. Part of me wants to sell it and maybe get a 9.8. Opinions are appreciated. 

I’d say the novelty for me of having a “10” of anything, PGX or otherwise, would outweigh the value of reholdering in a more desirable case, and losing the “10”, which it almost certainly would.   
It might be worth more in a CGC case, but that only matters if your plan is to sell it.  And I don’t think that book is like, stupid money, even in 9.8, so I don’t think it would be worth it to me.

Leave it the way it is if you want a 10.

If you want to get it CGC'd then I would submit the PGX copy to CLink to let it right and then use the funds to chase your CGC 10. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I'm not sure what a PGX 10 gets but I'd guess it would be greater then a CGC 9.8.  I'd recommend not cracking it out and resubbing it since there is almost no chance CGC will grade it a 9.9 or 10.

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I'm not sure what a PGX 10 gets but I'd guess it would be greater then a CGC 9.8.  I'd recommend not cracking it out and resubbing it since there is almost no chance CGC will grade it a 9.9 or 10.

Auction that bad boy as is.  Just be sure to put “not CGC” in the title .:insane: