• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - GI Joe #1
1 1

4 posts in this topic

OK, last one for the day.. sorry to bombard you all like this, just trying to get a sense of what the grades are for comics that have been in storage for 30 years.  once I get some feedback on several to see how I should adjust my grading I'll quit bugging you all (well, maybe).  and to answer one of your questions before you ask.. I probably spent at most $1 on any of these comics that I'll be showing.. and for some I bought the ones the comic store didn't want so more like 25 cents.. I think these would be good to slab, but your feedback, thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. And if you think I should press any that would be appreciated also.  thanks in advance, the old fat man.

GIJoe 1.jpg

GIJoe 2.jpg

GIJoe 3.jpg

GIJoe 4.jpg

GIJoe 5.jpg

GIJoe 6.jpg

GIJoe 7.jpg

GIJoe 8.jpg

Edited by oldfatman

43 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

That bottom spine corner is a concern.  8.0

Kinda blurry but that fraying is quote common and I doubt it would hit that hard because of it...

More concerning to me is the white mark near "blockbuster first issue" blurb...if it is some sort of scrape resulting in colour loss, that will hurt. Same if it is some foreign substance. If it is a production flaw where ink just did not get applied, it will not get hit as hard.

I shall assume the worst and in doing so, I also reach a 8.0-8.5 verdict.