• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POSTAL DISTRIBUTION CENTERS ....
2 2

51 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Thank this guy for the issues.

im-184572?width=620&size=0.6666666666666

What...what's going on with his front teeth in that picture?  Did his gum line recede?  It looks like he's wearing fake teeth on top of his real teeth.  I'm so confused.

10 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I have mailed the checks to Comiclink with Chicago PO address many years but last three months they lost my mails twice that never arrived.  Comiclink account department told me that two checks never arrived.  I received the large envelope with the window.  Take a good look here (they thought cash or check inside the small evenlope but newspaper clips only):

Also, my second Stimulus check was stolen and cashed without my permission - you can see the forgeries here:  (US Treasury took care of it for us).

As well as you know Chicago has plagues like shootings, carjackings, ATMs being pulled off and NOW US Postal has dealt problems with some employees have mishandled, exploited and stolen many mails that have gone missing or misplaced.   I will retire sending checks. Comiclink needs to add EDI payment online like Heritage has one and I will use electronic direct deposits after receiving the last regular IRS check this year.  In 2016, I almost lost $30,000 value of Neal Adams' Batman and Tec CGC books to the thieves through Chicago Distribution Center but thanks to eBay sellers for being honest and returning my books back. PayPal helped us a lot!!!  US Postal Inspector acknowledged the name of the seller who stole my books but they will never tell us if they were arrested.

My books were mailed to my home address since 2007 without the incident but I have a strong feeling that it will be happened soon.  I may ship either FedEx or UPS if my books are missed or stolen again.

US Postmaster General Louis DeJoy seemed ineffective to stop problems that have plagued in last 7 years.

If there's one thing the criminal element in Chicago can be touted for, its their collective ingenuity.  Not only do the schemes evolve with the time, but they also know the score -- the current state's attorney will not prosecute anyone other than the most egregious felons, and the US Attorney's Office has bigger fish to fry.  A few grand in stolen checks won't even make it onto anyone's radar, so the cycle continues.  Sad state of affairs.

2 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

i'm shocked that any of us still use them for comics. after waiting almost 3 weeks for a 3k comic bought here on the boards to arrive from canada, i am done. i will only buy from sellers that agree to use fedex, dhl or ups. and i have been shipping via fedex exclusively for over a year now. recommend all boardies do the same. i know usps is cheapest, we all know that. and we know the price too.

Until a year or so I never had a drop of trouble with USPS. It's difficult for me as I try to practice customer loyalty. Like you, it's becoming impossible to ignore. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Never really a problem with any of them. A hiccup now and then, but never really anything really problematic. Sometimes I get a little too impatient and create unnecessary stress, but that's my fault.

I only send and receive around three or four dozen packages a month. For the most part stuff has gotten both too and from me in reasonable time (I had one in state package sent First Class that arrived less then 24 hours after I'd mailed it, and I recently received a media mail package sent from the opposite coast that only took two days to arrive). My biggest issues have involved Canadian shipments, one I sent to Canada using ebay international shipping, that was held at a DHL distribution center for nearly two weeks (even though all tracking was USPS) and took about a month to get to the recipient, and the other is a package sent to me from Canada 5 weeks ago that still hasn't arrived. 

I have a package that I've sent to fellow board member in Canada and it's been processing in Chicago since May 8th. It supposedly was processed through the facility on the 19th (11 days after showing up their in the system) but no update since then. :censored:

Screenshot_20210525-122920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.43f349562631460e63544aefeb9be3d9.jpg

As Jimbo most certainly knows, Hyattsville, MD, is having issues.  He is waiting for books from me which left my PO here in Ontario, Canada, on April 21.  They arrived in Hyattsville on the 30 (which is a reasonable time).  But, after that, the cryptic "In transit" message appeared on May 4 - then, nothingness.  I have escalated the issue with both USPS and Canada Post (a double prong approach), but clearly, in this case, USPS is where the delay lies.  And, to top it off, I have some books coming out of Michigan (the state right next to my own province) that an excellent Boardie mailed out on May 4.  Since then, more cryptic nothingness from USPS.

6 minutes ago, D84 said:

I have a package that I've sent to fellow board member in Canada and it's been processing in Chicago since May 8th. It supposedly was processed through the facility on the 19th (11 days after showing up their in the system) but no update since then. :censored:

Screenshot_20210525-122920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.43f349562631460e63544aefeb9be3d9.jpg

This is partly why I won't ship outside the U.S.  It's not the boardies fault, but it is bad customer service by USPS.  We also don't know if the packages will be opened for inspection, or if they'll end up missing!!  Too risky IMO. (shrug)

3 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

i'm shocked that any of us still use them for comics. after waiting almost 3 weeks for a 3k comic bought here on the boards to arrive from canada, i am done. i will only buy from sellers that agree to use fedex, dhl or ups. and i have been shipping via fedex exclusively for over a year now. recommend all boardies do the same. i know usps is cheapest, we all know that. and we know the price too.

Have the books made their way across the border?

6 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Further ... within a few days of sending Jimbo's package out, I sent out 12 packages to other US based boardies, all of which have arrived with no issues.

...I've already got another that vanished on it's way here. Don't usually have 2 at a time. It shows "in transit" 6 days ago from a city an hour away. GOD BLESS....

54 minutes ago, D84 said:

Hold ups at the International Distribution Center may not be the fault of USPS, those are the facilities where mail has to go through customs, and possession is transferred to CBP before it is released back to USPS for distribution. 

22 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Is it just here, or are Distribution Centers everywhere turning into black holes and deadbeat mosh pits ? Every week it seems a package or two drops off the face of the Earth with that horsedung about "IN TRANSIT BUT ARRIVING LATE". It's disgusting... the USPS used to be one of the crown jewels of this country. GOD BLESS...

I haven't lost any yet, but they have destroyed 4 out 6 purchases that weren't packed well, including Brzrkr 1 Mico variants. They looked like they were in fantastic shape too. 

Despite my numerous sales here and on Ebay, I haven't had a package get damaged or lost.

Here's my best story. I dropped off a package containing the Kingdom Come TPB on April 11, 2021. It was FINALLY delivered on May 21, 2021. I am just thankful that the buyer was willing to be so patient.

It was quite interesting to see how it traveled throughout the country. It reminds me of this song.