• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POSTAL DISTRIBUTION CENTERS ....
2 2

51 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, rjpb said:

Hold ups at the International Distribution Center may not be the fault of USPS, those are the facilities where mail has to go through customs, and possession is transferred to CBP before it is released back to USPS for distribution. 

dhl handles customs on their shipments typically within 1-2 days. this is the best method to use for shipping books of value between the us and canada. it just costs more.

I've had a few slow shipments over the last year, but at least my most recent one went really well - on Monday mailed a package from Virginia to my son in Denver, supposed to arrive tomorrow, but actually showed up as delivered today.

One of my MIA's arrived today after 10 days ( ... at least here, right?), and another scheduled for tomorrow (... after 30 days). It sure makes me appreciate the old days when a box could go from the East Coast to the West Coast in 3 days. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

14 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

One of my MIA's arrived today after 10 days ( ... at least here, right?), and another scheduled for tomorrow (... after 30 days). It sure makes me appreciate the old days when a box could go from the East Coast to the West Coast in 3 days. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I dont know what it is about venting, but it seems putting action to what's going on sometimes moves the universe in the Lords way sometimes  lol

It's sometimes like why wasnt I a little more patient, but when there is a genuine beef, usually your not the only one. (thumbsu

Thanks for starting the thread!

It's been decent near me recently but I did post in another mail thread not long ago, so I say this that it DID get better for me too :foryou:

Voicing concerns is hopefully therapeutic for most! Glad you see some movement finally....  :tink:

On 5/25/2021 at 4:39 AM, Jeffro. said:

You need to be more discriminating about which center you stick your package into.

“Don’t stick it there” 

“Don’t hump that”

”Don’t take your pants off”

I’m not good with all your rules, Jerkfro.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:20 AM, Math Teacher said:

The thing that bothers me the most about all this is the constant complaining about how the Post Office is losing money. The Post Office was developed to provide a vital service to our country. When was the last time you heard anyone complain about how the Army or any other of the armed forces are losing money?!? What about the Department of Agriculture or the State Department? Good golly, what about the federal deficit?

The function of government entities is to provide services to the citizens of the United States. Although it would be nice if they could break even, they were not intended to be money-makers.

Subtract out the insane pension pre-funding that the USPS is forced to do and they are not losing money. I had seen something that minus that requirement that over the last 15 years, they were in the black 12 of those years.

And this is a company that does a lot of really stupid things.

I think the goal here is to make the USPS so ineffective and inefficient that no one will flinch when it is completely privatized and the pension requirement disappears.

9 hours ago, innocuous said:

I had a box coming from Canada to Portland stick in Chicago for about 2 weeks. I eventually received the package safely. 

I survived a first world problem 

I’ve got 2 packages that I sent from Canada to the states, and both have been sitting in Chicago since May 2 (according to tracking).   Hopefully they get delivered soon.:wishluck:

I have two packages coming from Texas to Canada and they have been stuck in Chicago since May 3rd. I checked today and they are finally on the move again. The nice lady at heritage auctions said that delivery times are between 45-60 days currently :whatthe: and that doesn’t take into account the trouble the sled dogs will be having with the lack of snow up here once it crosses the border...