• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What book would you ACTUALLY trade a kidney for?
3 3

63 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Motor City Rob said:

For me, it's not even Action #1 or Tec #27. It's a nice high grade Captain America Comics #1. The history behind Captain America and those early Golden Age war covers is something special. 

Agree on Captain America Comics #1 being above AC #1 or Tec #27 for me. Regarding AF15, while it's the top marvel SA grail I don't yet have that I want to own, it's still fairly "common" relatively speaking where I see people posting pics of it all the time. Again, not to diminish AF15 at all. To own that book would be unbelievable to me.

But as far as an ultimate kidney book, it's a tough choice between Captain America Comics #1, Marvel Comics #1, and another book. But I may go with the ultra rare Motion Picture Funnies Weekly from 1939, due to the fact basically no collectors have it. For those who know the significance of this book (without googling) you win a no prize. 

250px-MoPixFunWkly1.jpg

8 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Agree on Captain America Comics #1 being above AC #1 or Tec #27 for me. Regarding AF15, while it's the top marvel SA grail I don't yet have that I want to own, it's still fairly "common" relatively speaking where I see people posting pics of it all the time. Again, not to diminish AF15 at all. To own that book would be unbelievable to me.

But as far as an ultimate kidney book, it's a tough choice between Captain America Comics #1, Marvel Comics #1, and another book. But I may go with the ultra rare Motion Picture Funnies Weekly from 1939, due to the fact basically no collectors have it. For those who know the significance of this book (without googling) you win a no prize. 

250px-MoPixFunWkly1.jpg

I was obsessed with that book as a kid and young collector. It was always listed as top golden age comic after the MM 1, AC, 1 and DC 27 in the late 70s Overstret guides