• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About Selling Artwork
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am preparing to sell some pieces of my original artwork.

When I sell comics on Ebay, I charge the buyer the cost of shipping. When I sell comics here, I usually split the cost of shipping between myself and the buyer.

What is considered to be the accepted way of dealing with shipping of original art? Does the seller pay for shipping, does the buyer pay for shipping, or is the cost split between the buyer and seller?

Normally the buyer is obligated to pay for the shipping.  You would be obligated to make sure the art is packaged very well to ensure it's delivered in the same condition as when you sent it.  For example, art is in some kind of plastic sleeve, reinforced with cardboard / foamboard / masonite / etc.  Taped / sealed.  Well labelled.  Sent with tracking.  Buyer may want insurance as well.  Figure all that into calculating the shipping cost.

There's a pinned topic on shipping:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/438856-shipping-oa/