• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sean Murphy on ComicLink: Ending Tuesday night

1 post in this topic

There are five of Sean's pieces coming up in the ComicLink auction ending on Tuesday night. Each are coming out of my collection, with much pain, but I was presented an opportunity to buy a very special single piece from my childhood and have to part with some treasured OA to finance it. Every one of these is "wall worthy". GTLA!

There are three amazing selections from Sean's work with Scott Snyder on Detective #27, including two double-page splashes showing future Batman/Robin combos with new villains and alternate Gothams spread across two 11x17 pages. These are hyper-detailed, echoing outside themes like Mad Max, Robotech, Pacific Rim, and Bladerunner, with all of Sean's amazing rendering skills.

Hidden in the inks of the Mad Max/Bladerunner DPS is Sean's rendition of how he and Scott decided to add an African-American Robin to the story (a first for DC); only the owner can read it as its written in the page's inks and too hard to make out from an electronic scan.

Also from that issue is the splash page that was used to model Sean's Batman: Black & White statue. That 'Tec #27 story ended up as the set-up for Snyder's Super-Heavy storyline in his acclaimed Batman run with Greg Capullo.

Lastly, the auction features the Joker-on-gargoyle cover from B:COWK #8 and another great Joker half-splash from B:COWK #1 with his trademark long-barreled pistol that Sean justly brought back from 1989 archives. 

As we say in Chicago, vote early and vote often! GLTA.

RAD5F1412021316_15265.jpg

RAD2D0B62021318_13484.jpg

RADA98462021318_135222.jpg

RAD698CF2021318_134951.jpg