• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Family #1 CGC - Current Market Value
1 1

63 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2021 at 6:45 AM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I'm curious to see how many come out of the woodworks in the upcoming months.

Well Shazam 28 is still only showing 37 9.8s after some pretty impressive recent sales (6-7000$)... so what would it take for people holding MF1 to part with their copies? I have a hard time believing there are hundreds of copies in the wild waiting to be discovered...

On 6/18/2021 at 12:41 AM, Callaway29 said:

I hope you’re right and agree the book has a lot going for it, but I have some personal insight and experience into current FMV and it’s contrary to the 3.0 $10k sale.

However, there’s always the real possibility this sale is the spark for FOMO.

I believe High grade copies would reach 100k. This book is still low in census count compare to silver age marvel books that are topping 100k mark. 

Well, there 4 copies currently on Ebay, which is the most I've seen available at once in quite some time (at least whenever I look). 3 CGC copies and one raw. One of the CGC copies (1.5) is an auction format. I'm curious to see where that one ends. 

I don't understand why the owner of the raw one does not have it graded in this day and age. Yes, it's relatively low grade (water damage, etc.), but the cost of grading would be more than offset by the premium obtained as a graded book, would it not? Unless it's restored... I mean, I would NEVER spend that kind of money on a raw book coming from a stranger. Am I alone in thinking this way? hm

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics

On 8/19/2021 at 7:36 AM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Well, there 4 copies currently on Ebay, which is the most I've seen available at once in quite some time (at least whenever I look). 3 CGC copies and one raw. One of the CGC copies (1.5) is an auction format. I'm curious to see where that one ends. 

I don't understand why the owner of the raw one does not have it graded in this day and age. Yes, it's relatively low grade (water damage, etc.), but the cost of grading would be more than offset by the premium obtained as a graded book, would it not? Unless it's restored... I mean, I would NEVER spend that kind of money on a raw book coming from a stranger. Am I alone in thinking this way? hm

Or at the very least invest in some mylar bags... (shrug)

On 9/8/2021 at 3:11 PM, Timeless icons said:

Wow, that's super healthy given the movie still a year plus off. We haven't even seen much of a teaser or even real news yet. I wonder where this will land come movie time? $300K doesn't seem unreasonable.

Off topic question. I didn't want to start a thread.

I heard rumors of possibly Namora being in the Black Panther 2 movie.

What prices would that make Marvel Mystery 82 eventually become?

I'm only asking as I have a low grade 2.5 that I've owned over a decade and a half now.

The census shows there are half the number graded compared to Marvel Family 1.

And the Namora character is on the front cover that makes it a bonus.

It's one thing for first appearance characters in the silver, bronze and copper age. And the prices realized.

The golden age is another thing entirely.