• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC grade a replica movie prop?

5 posts in this topic

These comics are prop replicas from the movies Creepshow and Lost Boys. They are books with art and panels, exactly like you remember from the movies. But these were never published or for sale on the market. So, would this be rejected or would CGC still grade these?

Thanks

BF2FC984-03A5-4A22-956F-0900A71E77CD.jpeg

B546DEF8-E8BE-47E6-92B9-F1DA4A919E7C.jpeg

So, I'm not familiar with the two Creepshows, but I can discuss the "prop replica" Vampires #14 ("Vampires Everywhere") and #42 ("Destroy all Vampires"). These actually were published and sold commercially, by a company called Bottleneck Gallery. Rico Renzi (who people may know best from Spider-Gwen among a very large volume of work) did the artwork and coloring based on the original film props. They were sold through the Bottleneck website for $10 each or $15 per set (although they are long since sold out).

I don't see any reason why CGC wouldn't grade these. They're real comic books created as replicas of fake comic books, but the end result isn't any different from other indie books or store exclusives, really. However, I would contact CGC ahead of time to make sure the details are all worked out. You want the slab to say Bottleneck Gallery as the publisher, for example, not Blackthorne Publishing. 

Edited by Qalyar