• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coa Stan lee signed comic book but not cgc?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Gul123 said:

I think of getting a signed Stan lee comic book coa but does this look he’s like his signature?

6F20375C-50B2-435A-A85A-5F5E0AD25A08.jpeg

If you want to be certain the signature is authentic, then buy CGC signature series.

Other “signed” books will typically be cheaper than CGC signature series. Just keep in mind that signatures and so-called certificates of authenticity are both ridiculously easy to fake.  You get what you pay for.  So if you are OK with the price, knowing that it could possibly be a fake, then go for it. If authentic is important, then steer clear.

45 minutes ago, Gul123 said:

I think of getting a signed Stan lee comic book coa but does this look he’s like his signature?

6F20375C-50B2-435A-A85A-5F5E0AD25A08.jpeg

I suggest going on the internets to search for Cgc SS comics he signed, and do your own comparisons (as many as you feel like doing, there’s literally 10’s of 1000’s) and see how comfortable you feel for whatever price you’re paying.

If you want a million percent guarantee that the signature is authentic, CGC signature series comics

If you want a most likely 100% guarantee that the signature is authentic, there is another grading company

If you want realtive safety but still some risk, look for people selling with COAs. Stan signed a LOT of stuff. You can compare his signature to others and likely confirm to yourself it is his (and yes this appears to be him, likely within the last decade as it appears to be a "newer" signature". But the chance exists that someone got great at copying him and did it to up the value. If the person checks out (maybe gives a decent story of how and where it was signed and if the story matched up with a con or wherever that he was actually at), you can probably buy with certainty it is his

Also, for a lot of collector's a COA means nothing. I mean, I have one with my Stan signature. It came with it when he signed it. Doesn't mean it can't or has never been faked. I just keep for my own piece of mind but really it is worthless. And I would expect that if I ever did sell the book he signed, I would not be asking as much as a book graded by CGC or even insert other company who may or may not be decently reputable here.