• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 21 CGC 6.5
1 1

10 posts in this topic

So the LCS has this copy for sale. Its the second highest universal behind a lone 7.0 and is tied with a Billy Wright copy. There is a qualified 9.0 out there and a restored 7.5 out there as well. What would a good price and sales venue be for this book? Obviously it is very rare and this is especially true in this grade, but when GPA is almost non-existent, even for surrounding issues, how do you go about pricing? He'd rather sell to a collector because the market for tough early DC's at this level is much smaller.

I can't imagine trying to sell this book anywhere other than Heritage or ComicConnect.

As you say, it's a tough book with a niche customer base, and those two auction houses are best able to tap into that customer base.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I agree with the advice to go with Heritage, although that's not where I picked up this copy. 

det 21_zpsr8gysi42.jpeg

Beautiful copy from Hake's! I picked up a couple Adventures from that collection. Wish I would've bought a few more!

17 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

"You shot me. You shot me right in the arm".

Awesome 7.0. So hard to believe only 11 Blue labels out there. 

Yeah, but most of those pre-Bats are crazy tough to find even in mid-grade. Given how GA prices have shot to the moon lately, when these books do come to market, they don't quite as well as I would expect, given their rarity.

49 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, but most of those pre-Bats are crazy tough to find even in mid-grade. Given how GA prices have shot to the moon lately, when these books do come to market, they don't quite as well as I would expect, given their rarity.

not what today's buyer is after, I guess