• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

myslabs.com only 1 percent sellers fee
6 6

76 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Check it out. https://www.myslabs.com

I just listed a Spidey #361 CGC 9.6 newsie. You can also list sportscards. How can you go wrong at 1 percent? (shrug)

I wold have to ask what are their sales numbers when compares to other sites.

Sure they only take 1% but if other sites get a higher rate of return the 1% don't mean much

Edited by Ares

1 hour ago, CatskillMike said:

The seller would be the one collecting sales tax, and it is up to the seller to file a sales tax form and send in payment.  I'm not sure I wan to do that as a casual seller. 

Also, no PGX allowed. Good thing.

I see a couple of references about getting suspended as a seller if you don't follow through with the sale.  Like the new move "I can't find the comic anymore, so I can't sell it to you anymore, sorry" because you as the seller think it should have been more.

I would suspect that as a casual seller 99% of sales would not be subject to sales tax. I would assume any "casual seller" would not reach threshholds required to file sales tax on out of state sales. Only sales in the seller's state may be subject to sales tax.

8 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Also with only 1% fees they can’t accept credit cards.  Or maybe they pass credit card costs to purchasers some how?

......  *standard payment processing fees also apply.  hm

Payments are made through Paypal, so they are not in the middle of it.  Actually a good idea for them not to have payments passing through their hands.  It makes it much cleaner and easier on their side.

That is, if everybody follow the rules.

Edited by CatskillMike
spelling

21 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

The seller would be the one collecting sales tax, and it is up to the seller to file a sales tax form and send in payment.  I'm not sure I wan to do that as a casual seller. 

Also, no PGX allowed. Good thing.

I see a couple of references about getting suspended as a seller if you don't follow through with the sale.  Like the new move "I can't find the comic anymore, so I can't sell it to you anymore, sorry" because you as the seller think it should have been more.

So some boardies on here won’t be selling on that platform then, that’s for certain.

2 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Payments are made through Paypal, so they are not in the middle of it.  Actually a good idea for them not to have payments passing through their hands.  It makes it much cleaner and easier on their side.

Why follow the rules?  We have a 0% seller fee platform where they don't do that now.  

3 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Wait, if they are doing payment processing through PayPal how can they say no returns?  I thought that was a protection that PayPal provided/required.

If they are deferring the transaction to PayPal directly between users then they aren't a selling platform; they are an advertising platform with minimal value add. That is, if I'm understanding their model correctly. hm

These boards, Myslabbedcomics, Instagram, etc all provide the same service but with no fees.