• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My slabbed action comics #1

28 posts in this topic

According to that label, it is only the six page superman story from action #1 with a laser print cover and a random back cover. I'm not sure why you would slab this, ( owning the six page supes story would be very cool, but I would just keep it in a myler) but what's alarming to me is that the original pages were then trimmed to match the laser print cover?!?!? screwy.gif893whatthe.gifscrewy.gif893whatthe.gif

According to that label, it is only the six page superman story from action #1 with a laser print cover and a random back cover. I'm not sure why you would slab this, ( owning the six page supes story would be very cool, but I would just keep it in a myler) but what's alarming to me is that the original pages were then trimmed to match the laser print cover?!?!? screwy.gif893whatthe.gifscrewy.gif893whatthe.gif

OMG! 893whatthe.gif

Trim the real pages to make the fake cover fit!!!!!?????

Just get a bigger cover and trim that to fit the pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

I'm really sorry I came to this forum tonight and read that.

I'll have a hard time getting to sleep later now.... frown.gif

We ALL feel your pain! flowerred.gif

He didn't trim it, he only bought it and responses here seem quite harsh.

It's a bit like selling items made from endangered species. If their antiques, it's legal, but you can't go out and kill an elephant today to make new ivory pieces.

I'd be quite happy to own it. Obviously, I'd much rather have an Action 1, but since I'll never be able to afford one, this would be quite nice instead.

The slabbing authenticated the pages, but having done that, I'd free it again and keep the grade slip.

No idea of value. I think in this case it's purely in the eye of the beholder. It's worth whatever was paid for it.

Intertesting piece.

Years ago complete pages of just the Superman story from Action #1 were sold on ebay for about 2-3k and then indivdually graded by CGC and listed on comiclink for around $1000 to $1500 each. Not sure if they sold though. They did not receive a grade either but they were verified as original.

That was kind of cool as the pages were conserved and protected and you could see the story.

I don't think people are being too harsh, it's just sad to see the fate of such a classic issue. I don't believe that there is one person on the boards that wouldn't love to have a copy of Action #1, and it's likely than not more than a few could justify (afford) to buy a completed copy. Action #1 is one of those books that you have to just acknowledge that they exist, and walk away. I still have two kids to put through college.

I agree with the need to authenticate, so slabbing for that is may be worth it, but only if you want to sell. I'd think any large dealer that has owned a few early actions could authenticate the pages.

As stated earlier, the trimming was "by others", so there's nothing to be done about it.

It's a fun oddity, and worth having in the collection so congrats to earlyactions.

Look on it with pride.

Just wondering, earlyactions, did these pages come from Metropolis? I've noticed that for some time they've been offering similar "pages" (Superman story only), of other GA Action issues.

Maybe these were all liberated from a bound volume or two? That might explain the trimming of your pages. (Not quite sure how PGX would "know" that the pages were trimmed after the xerox cover, and not the other way around?)

I do look on this book with joy and pride, I love it but if I did have an extra 50k maybe I would buy one of metro's as for the pages they probably came out of a bound addition bought some time ago, anyways this is my action 7 , 10 and of course #1 the holy grail of comics.

Hope you all like.

early actions[/img] 903143-action%237.jpg921071-act10.JPG948906-act%231.jpg

589a8f55b4fe7_950353-act1pgx.jpg.cd81bdd269600b2f96bb159a535483ee.jpg