• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My slabbed action comics #1

28 posts in this topic

Horribly conditioned covers they look they came out of a swamp. Compare them to my copies here... wait a second... here.... hold on, I have my copies around here somewhere.

Well, I'll post it when I find it. And when I do (imagine statuesque pose with finger in air)... it'll be awesome....

I'm really sorry I came to this forum tonight and read that.

I'll have a hard time getting to sleep later now.... frown.gif

We ALL feel your pain! flowerred.gif

He didn't trim it, he only bought it and responses here seem quite harsh.

It's a bit like selling items made from endangered species. If their antiques, it's legal, but you can't go out and kill an elephant today to make new ivory pieces.

I'd be quite happy to own it. Obviously, I'd much rather have an Action 1, but since I'll never be able to afford one, this would be quite nice instead.

The slabbing authenticated the pages, but having done that, I'd free it again and keep the grade slip.

No idea of value. I think in this case it's purely in the eye of the beholder. It's worth whatever was paid for it.

Intertesting piece.

I was sure he didn't since he posts here and everyone here hates trimming.

I was just shocked at the owner who actually did this.

foreheadslap.gif

Very nice. I'm currently trying to put together a run from 11-20, although I might change that to 8-19 as I'm really after pre-1940 books. So far the only Superman cover I have though is 19, so I'm jealous of your 7 and 10.

I really like that cover to number 7 and I'm surprised it never seems to get mentioned. I think it's a great image and really sums up what the character was like in his earliest days.

Please post away with any more you've got. It's always nice to see these books and to share in someone elses pride in them.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Not to change the subect, BUT WHAT DOES THE BLUE LABEL MEAN?according to pgx??? unrestored??

PGX announced some time ago that they were most likely doing away with the green label for restored books and just go with one color label with the restoration clearly noted, not sure if this book applies.

I will ask Daniel about the status of the restored label if anyone is interested, in the meantime here's the thread where it was initially discussed:

PGX considers condensing to one label

well they still have the green label as of a couple of weeks ago. I submitted a batch to them and got a GLOD 7.0 on this book

951022-jla1.jpg

The grades were all different from mine some higher some lower. The best news was that my More Fun 57 from MRGA did not get a GLOD

951022-jla1.jpg.ce3ec562b90cf488243b5ca0de8fe4df.jpg

OK, I talked to Daniel about it and like you said, PGX is indeed still using the Green label for restored books.

He said the story with the Action #1 is that it was not graded, the submitor only wanted it encapsulated, nothing more.