• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you identify this artwork?

5 posts in this topic

I am cleaning out my collection from the late 70's/early 80's and found this at the bottom of a box between two pieces of cardboard.  I am guessing it is Neal Adams because most of my collection is Neal Adams related, but I am not sure.

IMG_1836.jpg

1 hour ago, johnb102 said:

I am cleaning out my collection from the late 70's/early 80's and found this at the bottom of a box between two pieces of cardboard.  I am guessing it is Neal Adams because most of my collection is Neal Adams related, but I am not sure.

IMG_1836.jpg

Doesn't appear to be ALL Neal Adams, but it has some Adams aesthetics for sure. Looks like it might be a studio effort (Continuity Studios?) and looks to feature some Adams inks. I've looked at and collected a lot of Neal Adams art, but I've never seen this before!

2 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

It's the cover to Star Fighters #2, which was published in 1979 by Ken Landgraf's Landgraphics.  The cover to the first issue was Landgraf pencils (flagrantly swiped from DC Special Series' Jonah Hex Spectacular) and Adams inks.

594583.jpg

BINGO!

3 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

It's the cover to Star Fighters #2, which was published in 1979 by Ken Landgraf's Landgraphics.  The cover to the first issue was Landgraf pencils (flagrantly swiped from DC Special Series' Jonah Hex Spectacular) and Adams inks.

594583.jpg

Interesting.  In the same box I had a copy of Starfighters #1, but not #2.  Any suggestions on how to list this for sale, or what a reasonable price would be?