• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Myslabs - a new sales venue charging sellers only 1%
2 2

37 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Is this legit?  Who is behind this?  Anyone know?

https://myslabs.com/static/about/

I’ve sold a lot of sports cards on the site. Made a few purchases as well. Never had an issue.  I don’t know what they do however if there is an issue or fraud. If they take any responsibility or try to resolve it etc. 

Edited by Daveb25

It honestly looks very cheap to me (I judge LAUNCHED sites, so there are zero excuses to targeting comics, or any hobby, and having such poor search options). Also, a no go for me off the bat as 'There is no international shipping' (Shortbox is the same, but I know they are working towards opening up the app to Canadians so I'm fine to wait to use that marketplace, and at least their platform looks robust and populated with actual good stuff)

2 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

It honestly looks very cheap to me (I judge LAUNCHED sites, so there are zero excuses to targeting comics, or any hobby, and having such poor search options). Also, a no go for me off the bat as 'There is no international shipping' (Shortbox is the same, but I know they are working towards opening up the app to Canadians so I'm fine to wait to use that marketplace, and at least their platform looks robust and populated with actual good stuff)

How long have you been Judging Launched sites?

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Just launched the Judging of Launch sites recently lol

I did no mean that remark to be mean, or angry, or disrespectful.  My thinking is that there is always room for improvements.  Even this site, I'm just guessing since I'm fairly new to the boards, is that it has gone through "the improvement" pipeline a time or two.

1 minute ago, Sauce Dog said:

Going strong since 1998. You put it online and want it to generate income, you better have put on your big boy pants.

How long does a typical site last in its original version before making improvements or staring Failure in the face!!

1 minute ago, Chief1332 said:

I did no mean that remark to be mean, or angry, or disrespectful.  My thinking is that there is always room for improvements.  Even this site, I'm just guessing since I'm fairly new to the boards, is that it has gone through "the improvement" pipeline a time or two.

No worries, I got that - I just find the first defence of any site is 'under construction'. There is a difference between improvements and basic functionality when launching a brand new product, especially functionality that is common boilerplate code. Search systems are standard, so it takes just as much effort to put a good one in place as it does a crappy one :) 

For a site that wants to entice sellers the commission is enough, but if they don't entice buyers as well with a great front end buying experience it won't matter how many sellers they get on board :D 

No worries, I got that - I just find the first defence of any site is 'under construction'. There is a difference between improvements and basic functionality when launching a brand new product, especially functionality that is common boilerplate code. Search systems are standard, so it takes just as much effort to put a good one in place as it does a crappy one :) 

For a site that wants to entice sellers the commission is enough, but if they don't entice buyers as well with a great front end buying experience it won't matter how many sellers they get on board :D 

It has been a few short months, since one of the Big Three changed the way their auction site worked.  It was met with quite a bit of criticism on these boards.  Even the most powerful sites, the most trusted sites, adapt and change.  And sometimes, initially at least, even they have difficulties with "Dang it!!  Why did we/didn't we do this??" when updating.

3 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

How long does a typical site last in its original version before making improvements or staring Failure in the face!!

A new site, when launched should have already gone through an entire development site and testing, and should be a complete product when going live. Minor updates can occur, but major functionality should be ready to go day 1 if it is tied directly to the entire point of the website (especially these days when code in plentiful and template systems are there to build off of - this isn't like ebay launching for the first time in the 90s from scratch)

The longest sites I've had without major overhauls (with only minor patches) have been anywhere from 2-5 years depending on what their goal was.

Yup, change is constant - especially online - however these big changes happen as a result of experience and seeing what is best for customers and the future (eBay change makes sense, they just botched the rollout of it epically). A NEW site should be able to look at what the bare minimum is being offered on these other competitors and start there, this is especially true for site searching when offering products - one of the most common aspects of a site that has had years of development and many great starting points are out there (so not being even able to search by year is a weird omission)

Also, I think they might need to look back into the offer system a little more :D
1908164511_ScreenShot2021-06-08at2_31_17PM.thumb.png.02441379a6e2b503527fa0de5e3104b5.png

BID $3605...I'm not letting this one get away cheap

Edited by Funnybooks