• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Primer 2 Comico
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Primer 2 - this book is still on fire. Not sure what Im going to with this one yet. I have not spotted one flaw on this, but Im sure you guys will. I barely had the nerves to take images of it, I didnt want to mishandle it. So here it is..

Note - There is a note on the splash page  which you will see a white block. I carefully took a pic of it. This issue seems to be some kind of quiz show prize for the original owner that I got it from. I only took a picture of the note once, so I filled in the missing words in parenthesis based on what i thought was missing.This is what the note says:

Congratulations for being a prize (winner of) The Comic Book Quiz Show. We hope you (enjoy this) Comico comic and take the time to write (back and) let us know your opinion. If you cant (find) Comico comics in your local comic book (shop, do us a ) favor and bug them to death till they (stock) our books, your effort will be rewarded (with the) best new comics that youll find anywhere.

PRIMER 2 (2).jpg

PRIMER 2 (3).jpg

PRIMER 2 (4).jpg

PRIMER 2 (5).jpg

PRIMER 2 (6).jpg

PRIMER 2 (7).jpg

PRIMER 2 (8).jpg

PRIMER 2 (9).jpg

PRIMER 2 (10).jpg

PRIMER 2 (11).jpg

Your copy looks nearly identical to mine, even down to the placement of the color-breaking spine tick and the slightly blunted corners/factory tears (however mine is qualified with "M. Wagner in writing on cover").

It received a 9.4. I broke it out a long time ago and recently pressed the only defect I could affect - slight creasing at the top edge - and maybe raised it +0.2.

Long explanation, but with only a few more small spine ticks than my copy, I'm sure you have a 9.2/9.4.

Congratulations!

I love this book. One of my Top 10.

Thanks for sharing!

1 minute ago, cigars&comix said:

my pleasure. Do you think that note inside from Comico makes it any more rare? It is binded into the book itself.

Dunno about that. Certainly makes it unique; courtesy of Comico. Mine only has microchamber courtesy of CGC.