• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stains vs spine splits?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

So I have a x men four 1964  with a 3 inch split I sent in to cgc.The book looks around a 6.0 with the split around a 3.5 I thank anyway I saw a cgc 6.0 with to big stains on the cover and two on back cover and it got a 6.0 but there wasn’t any spine stress but I would rather have my copie then1E93A676-05CC-4C29-B829-0C6C6EDBDCF3.thumb.png.c332776e7023ca62f438f7c2b52666c0.png That one.

31F85DF6-B524-42EA-BD07-B1CB729E2A80.jpeg

27AFD344-C0B4-4246-B4B6-11241DBE2095.png

53 minutes ago, Bo1983 said:

So I have a x men four 1964  with a 3 inch split I sent in to cgc.The book looks around a 6.0 with the split around a 3.5 I thank anyway I saw a cgc 6.0 with to big stains on the cover and two on back cover and it got a 6.0 but there wasn’t any spine stress but I would rather have my copie then

CGC will downgrade pretty dramatically for a book with that big of a spine split (and you can't overlook that wear and tear, either). The more of the spine that's split, the lower the grade will go.

But FWIW, I'm not a big fan of stains, either...it looks like they may go through the whole book...  hm 

Edited by The Lions Den

26 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Pass on both books and find a better copy in grade

I’m not looking for a better grade this book just fall into my lap it was hiding away for years in a barn stuff in some bags it will be a family heirloom!

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

CGC will downgrade pretty dramatically for a book with that big of a spine split (and you can't overlook that wear and tear, either). The more of the spine that's split, the lower the grade will go.

But FWIW, I'm not a big fan of stains, either...it looks like they may go through the whole book...  hm 

would white pages and no missing stamps and no tears on the interior pages increase the grade?

Edited by Bo1983