• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book signed in past, With picture as proof, Signature Label ?

10 posts in this topic

I got an Absolute Carnage 1 signed by  Donny cates and remarqued by Ryan Stegman that I got myself, I have a COA and a picture of Ryan and Donny with the book. Can that be used to get a signatures label if I get the book graded ?

IMG-4038.JPG

On 6/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, JMLBlitz said:

I got an Absolute Carnage 1 signed by  Donny cates and remarqued by Ryan Stegman that I got myself, I have a COA and a picture of Ryan and Donny with the book. Can that be used to get a signatures label if I get the book graded ?

No, this can never be a signature series book. 

Yeah, it is beyond weird that CGC can't get someone in to identify if a signature is real or not.  I mean companies like Beckett and JSA can identify if sigs are real, so CGC should be able to also.  It's also wild that even with a picture and a COA they still won't allow it.  

1 hour ago, Tom Ba said:

Yeah, it is beyond weird that CGC can't get someone in to identify if a signature is real or not.  I mean companies like Beckett and JSA can identify if sigs are real, so CGC should be able to also.  It's also wild that even with a picture and a COA they still won't allow it.  

Pictures can be doctored. They don’t wanna be held liable in any way for that stuff so if they don’t see it, it’s just a name on a book. Plus even when another company authenticates a signature there is a chance they also get it wrong.

My question would be why do you need it slabbed? Is it not enjoyed raw? No need to spend the extra money. It won’t up the value, you have enough to validate it should you ever sell and there are plenty of just as great display methods that are as safe or better for the life of the book

16 hours ago, Tom Ba said:

No it's not, it's part of their brand and reputation that everything goes through them. The fact that SS series books go for a premium shows that this tactic is in demand and trusted more than what CBCS does. Plus, if they allowed external sources, then no one would go for their signature events anymore or go through them for signatures, eliminating a bunch of revenue. The fact that they are the most reputable place for certifying comics gives them that ace.  I personally find it hilarious how we see how strong they are in the collectible comics market by rendering all these authentication companies practically worthless for comics. 

There is a slabbing service that offers EXACTLY what you are talking about but the fact that you are complaining here about CGC not also offering it shows how CGC is where it's at for collectible comics.

Edited by William-James88

I’d say in general if one has doubts about the Cgc SS program vs authentication, they should do a bit of research and then play devils advocate a bit from the POV of cgc