• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acid Free Tape?

5 posts in this topic

Hi There, Just a quick question. I used to use Scotch acid free tape to tape the mylite flap on comics I store with an acid free backing board. However I don't believe that they sell that tape anymore. What tape are you guys using these days?

Thanks a lot!

Gord

7 hours ago, theorioles said:

Hi There, Just a quick question. I used to use Scotch acid free tape to tape the mylite flap on comics I store with an acid free backing board. However I don't believe that they sell that tape anymore. What tape are you guys using these days?

Thanks a lot!

Gord

There are a plethora of acid free tapes available from a plethora of sources, so if that's your thing you can easily find it via an internet search.

For me though, basic "scotch" tape or "painters" tape of virtually any sort is just fine. It's on the outside of your bag and unless there is some super acid tape I'm unaware of you're in no danger of damaging your books.

3 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Unless you catch the book on the tape when removing/inserting it from/into the bag...

I should have been more specific. You're in no danger of damaging your books by using virtually any basic tape properly on the outside of your bags.  Other user error factors could certainly be a danger to your books.

Edited by Fisionbomb

19 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

I should have been more specific. You're in no danger of damaging your books by using virtually any basic tape properly on the outside of your bags.  Other user error factors could certainly be a danger to your books.

I was not trying to be a "Smart A**", I just thought I would throw that out there as a "humorous" remark since I learned about tape pulls from first hand experience. :frown: